Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I seemed to remember and just looked it up, there are some concentrated Chinese communities in Italy. I remember when Italy started reporting cases, there were some media stories on travel in/out of these areas to places like Wuhan and a reluctance to curtail travel. So potential evidence of the virus showing up last year is not surprising, imho

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I read something this about Covid being identified in Italian sewers. Ewwww!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I read something this about Covid being identified in Italian sewers. Ewwww!

From Wikipedia
Prato, Tuscany has the largest concentration of Chinese people in Italy and all of Europe. It has the second largest population of Chinese people overall in Italy after Milan.

There ya go

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
People in general get complacent and don't do what they should. It's why the 7 P's is a military phrase. (Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance)

Then there are idiots like my cousin who still thinks covid doesn't exist. She's been complaining she can't get things where she is down in Texas. Her Mom called her out on all of her stupidity. All of us were raised to have at least a month of food if not more stored.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
regarding what i consider likely timeline and credible reports this one seems to summarise what i consider reasonably verified stuff about this virus. i'm not quite agreeing with the expert who says the virus is only about a year old based upon his genetic tracking of mutations and the rate of that, but i'm also not an expert so perhaps he's right. :) contrary to what some may think i do try to admit when i'm just guessing or don't really know for sure... :)

i'm also not sure about his rapid rejection of traces found in the early spots, but let's get things verified to see what is actually there (preferably using other methods and sources if possible).

tired, been a long day. hope everyone remains safe and well this week with all the gatherings and potential travels involved.

please just try to remember the basics, wash hands, keep them away from the face until after they've been washed, wear masks and if you are sick stay home. i know this is tough for some people, i really can't wait for this to all be over so we can all go back to complaining and fighting about the price of gas or meat or ...

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
From Wikipedia
Prato, Tuscany has the largest concentration of Chinese people in Italy and all of Europe. It has the second largest population of Chinese people overall in Italy after Milan.

There ya go

i don't think that's a given proof yet, but there is nothing to say that some people who were exposed to it early didn't travel and poop in Italy, they may not have even been that infectious at the time as the fragments can just show that you've had the disease and such. what would be the true test would be an actual sequence of the virus that shows it in pre-mutated form far back enough in the chain compared to what other sequences we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts