Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Apparently, since Covid prevented vaccinations being given to infants for the last couple of months, SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) has PLUMMETED. Something to think about.
Wow - that's impressive. Could you post the research on that?

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Britesea, I am not able to get the link for the vaccine ingredients to work. I also don't have FB. :/

Thank you for printing this.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

The following information is based on inquiries sent to state governor’s offices and state health departments on May 20, 2020 following the public release of iOS and Android updates to support the Exposure Notification API.

Which U.S. states are using Apple’s Exposure Notification API?
StatesStatus
AlabamaWill Participate
AlaskaNo Response
ArizonaNot Participating*
ArkansasNo Response
CaliforniaNot Participating*
ColoradoNot Participating*
ConnecticutNo Response
Delaware*Not Participating*
FloridaNo Response
GeorgiaNo Response
HawaiiNo Response
IdahoNo Response
IllinoisNo Response
IndianaNo Response
IowaNo Response
KansasNo Response
KentuckyNo Response
LouisianaNo Response
MaineNot Participating*
MarylandNot Participating*
MassachusettsNo Response
MichiganNot Participating*
MinnesotaNo Response
MississippiNo Response
MissouriNot Participating*
MontanaNo Response
NebraskaNo Response
NevadaNo Response
New HampshireNo Response
New JerseyNo Response
New MexicoNo Response
New YorkNo Response
North CarolinaNo Response
North DakotaWill Participate
OhioNot Participating*
OklahomaNo Response
OregonNo Response
PennsylvaniaNot Participating*
Rhode IslandNo Response
South CarolinaWill Participate
South DakotaNot Participating*
TennesseeNot Participating*
TexasNot Participating*
UtahNo Response
VermontNo Response
VirginiaWill Participate
WashingtonNot Participating*
West VirginiaNot Participating*
WisconsinNot Participating*
WyomingNot Participating*
4 of 50 States Participating
‎ *South Dakota “We are utilizing an app called Care 19 to assist with our contact tracing efforts. Care 19 requires an opt-in by users to provide us their location data, making it incredibly friendly to privacy concerns.”
‎ *West Virginia “No final decision has been made by West Virginia regarding the use of this technology.”
‎*California “We don’t have any updates on apps at this time, but if that changes, we will let you know.”
‎*Colorado “The State is not exploring using “exposure notification API” generated data at this time.”
‎*Washington “We are working in combination with University of Washington for an app that could be of assistance to people to find out if they have been in the proximity of people who are infected. That app could use hardware and software from Apple and Google. This is a very promising technology that we are working with the UW on.”
‎*Maryland “The Maryland Department of Health and local health departments will use the state-of-the-art contact tracing platform called COVID Link, which will assist in collecting information about people who test positive for COVID-19 and any individuals they have come into close contact with. COVID Link is expected to be operational by the end of the month.”
‎*Arizona “We are currently investigating all innovative strategies for conducting contact tracing.”
‎*Pennsylvania “The department is continuing to determine our next steps as far as a contact tracing app.”
‎*Tennessee “At this time the Tennessee Department of Health is not using an app for contact tracing or monitoring, and has not engaged in a vendor contract with any firm to help with contact tracing.”
‎*Wyoming “We have no current plans related to those type of apps.”
‎*Delaware “Delaware does not currently plan to use these technologies.”
‎*Ohio “We have no plans to do so at this time.”
‎*Missouri “We are considering a range of technologies to help with contact tracing, but we have not yet made any decisions.”
‎*Maine “At present, Maine CDC is reviewing the efficacy of the app you mention, as well as other apps that could aid our contact tracing efforts. The app to which you refer could prove helpful as travelers from other states visit Maine during the summer, so we are interested but still in the review process.”
‎*Michigan “We are reviewing many technology tools that have been offered to aid the COVID-19 response to ensure they adhere to our commitment to privacy. Our contact tracing is currently tech enabled through Deloitte, but people based through a multitude of volunteers. We are working with a university on a contact tracing program that will be announced in the near future and are leveraging texting as part of our current contact tracing efforts. To help Michiganders find testing near them, we are also offering an online testing locater powered by Castlight.

This is part of a broader strategy to Contain COVID to help slow the spread of the virus, keep our first responders safe and save lives in Michigan.”
‎Latest Update: June 5, 8:08 P.M. CDT

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm such a technopeasant! My phone is Android (that's pretty much all I know) does this work for mine?

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm such a technopeasant! My phone is Android (that's pretty much all I know) does this work for mine?

I am in the same club Britesea! I try to make sense and usually fail. :)

Here is what I found for the Android:

Just go to the settings app, click on Google|COVID-19 exposure notifications, and you can toggle them on or off from there. From the same place, you can also delete any random IDs that have been stored by clicking on Delete random IDs|Delete.

Here is an article from Kim Komando who usually knows what she is talking about:

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad to be of assistance. I am learning like the rest of you. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yeah, WHY?? Why haven’t all the years of coronavirus vaccines and research in cattle been used in research for people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts