Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
In WI, the supreme court overturned the stay at home order. Cases were on the decline and phased reopening was underway. Now people are being stupid and new cases are increasing rapidly. ICUs are getting strained. It could get ugly.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now what: The population has finally been driven beyond what they are willing to bear. Next comes mass rioting, followed by martial law. This next step will be used as justification for disarming the population.
Too true.....and we have this gov who is bound and determined to choke out guns .......
Va had the horrible mess in Richmond, then we had some closer to here, in Roanoke, Va with problems in the Valley View Mall, Walmart, etc., on Sat then again more protesting on Sun. Several restaurants closed early on Sunday because of it. Got curfews in Richmond, and who knows what is going to happen after this.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My brother in law died Saturday early morning. Because of Covid-19 there will be no funeral, no memorial, no nothing. I feel bad for my sister. My BIL knew everyone and had a lot of friends. Now she is cheated of a large gathering of people showing their care and support by showing up.

She lives in Conroe, an extension of Houston. Covid-19 cases are spiking in Houston and surrounding areas and honestly, I don’t want to go down there. If we went to her house and there was no one else there, I’d do that. My poor sis.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I've been seeing reports about numbers being up. Nothing about whether the people protesting and rioting are getting sick though...
And there are still some counties in the US with 0 cases, which is strange since I don't think there is a single county in the US that hasn't got travel going through, now that all but 3 states in the Union are open.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So sorry @baymule . Had he had any other compromising factors? I know it was hard for the family of my former fiance'... but he had some other issues too, some breathing issues, and he had gotten quite sedentary from what I was told.....

sad about this too @farmerjan . i hear a lot about complicating factors making it higher risk for many, but i've also heard of enough cases where they don't really know what happened and one of those cases was a friend of our family, a middle-aged apparently healthy person, caught it and then gone quickly.

ovidiu.d

Frugally lurking
Reaction score
to be concerned is right, the stats here show that the impact is much bigger than the flu last year, and we are not even half way through 2020

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Simple Reply. Follow the money. The people who have been saying hydroxychloroquine is too dangerous to use all appear to have stock in the new drug, remdesivir. Others (or maybe the same ones too) have apparently put their money on Bill Gates' vaccine (despite the fact that there has never been a vaccine that granted total immunity to a virus) which looks like it will be very expensive. The patent on hydroxychloroquine expired years ago, so there's no money to be made with it.

WOW! LONG article, and I found myself treading water and wondering where it was going until I got about 1/2 way through it. This guy... Desai... one to watch. I'm guessing he's in Gate's pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts