Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The wife was a high fever today, we may visit the ER. I have no fever, just congestion breaking up.

My ex FIL (80s) went to hospital last night, negative for covid 19, but he does have something respiratory going on.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The wife was a high fever today, we may visit the ER. I have no fever, just congestion breaking up.

My ex FIL (80s) went to hospital last night, negative for covid 19, but he does have something respiratory going on.

the hospital here made a statement to call or FaceTime a Dr. they dont want people going to the er. makes me nervous

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My facebook feed shows people in WI are settling down (or sleeping in?) this morning. News update says people in Japan are leaving homes more even though the new cases are increasing. Panic is not sustainable. The panic buyers will stop, manufacturing and shipping are not affected, the panic buying will blow over by next week.

Very interesting to see an increase in activism. My sister noted that there is no food available in her city for those without a car or unable to leave work during the day. The school lunch program is drive up only (schools are closed) and food pantry went to drive thru only also. She is working to get volunteer food delivery for the food pantry. 😍 💗

Also encouraging to see parents supporting each other by sharing long lists of things to do to keep kids occupied, and lists of companies that are releasing their online content for free due to school closures.

I'm signed up to for childcare for one of DH's employees for next week, so I'm just cleaning and babyproofing. I'm using one of my FB pages to share resources for parents in my community. I'm trolling social media to look for people who need help. I've been sending cards and letters to family and friends to help ease their feelings of being stuck at home.

You're concerned about the panic? Buy your guns and ammo, but put them away and start helping people work through the situation. We are good at adapting and solving problems - we've prepared forever. Now go help the people that haven't prepared and don't know what to do.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My facebook feed shows people in WI are settling down (or sleeping in?) this morning. News update says people in Japan are leaving homes more even though the new cases are increasing. Panic is not sustainable. The panic buyers will stop, manufacturing and shipping are not affected, the panic buying will blow over by next week.

Very interesting to see an increase in activism. My sister noted that there is no food available in her city for those without a car or unable to leave work during the day. The school lunch program is drive up only (schools are closed) and food pantry went to drive thru only also. She is working to get volunteer food delivery for the food pantry. 😍 💗

Also encouraging to see parents supporting each other by sharing long lists of things to do to keep kids occupied, and lists of companies that are releasing their online content for free due to school closures.

I'm signed up to for childcare for one of DH's employees for next week, so I'm just cleaning and babyproofing. I'm using one of my FB pages to share resources for parents in my community. I'm trolling social media to look for people who need help. I've been sending cards and letters to family and friends to help ease their feelings of being stuck at home.

You're concerned about the panic? Buy your guns and ammo, but put them away and start helping people work through the situation. We are good at adapting and solving problems - we've prepared forever. Now go help the people that haven't prepared and don't know what to do.

1000 likes to your last paragraph. You have a true servant's heart.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Dont think I've had good frog legs yet, so thankfully no froggies here. Hoping to get some birds mayby tho

IMO it's a bit sweeter than chicken but otherwise pretty close. the only froggies around here i'd go after would be the non-natives and so far those are still in hiding from the cold. we're still having overnight freezes. another month and we'll start hearing the spring peepers (tree frogs).

i do have to edit this to say that i did hear some froggies peeping today! they're braver than i am!

Last edited:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score

Preach it! Now is the time for us to lead our communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.