Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My pantry is always pretty well stocked so I don't really have to do much extra. We could eat out of the pantry for mooooonnnnnttttthhhhhs. We'd probably get really sick of tuna and spam (yuck - but DH loves the cr...stuff). Fridges and freezers are full too. Garden has little starts already of peas, and I'm still pickling broccoli and carrots from fall plantings. Tomatoes are ready to transplant as soon as the weather makes up it's mind what it wants to do.

Dang - maybe I moved too soon on killing the termites - I hear they're edible too, LOL!!

Your house sounds like ours. Plenty of food for months, incase of a zombie apocalypse. Plus we live in the middle of nowhere, kind of hard to catch any kind of virus when no one is around.

This time of the year, I do make it a point to not go in to the pharmacy. I use the drive up window and hit my hands with sanitizer when I'm done. A little common sense goes a long ways most of the time.

Although used mainly for brewing beer, I highly recommend Starsan. My daughter uses it to sanitize my new grandbaby's bottles and she's growing like a weed! Use as directed of course... I have it pre mixed in a spray bottle also. Don't fear the foam.
b6409db8ad16dc0736a18501c6b335e2_900x.png

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My pantry is always pretty well stocked so I don't really have to do much extra. We could eat out of the pantry for mooooonnnnnttttthhhhhs. We'd probably get really sick of tuna and spam (yuck - but DH loves the cr...stuff). Fridges and freezers are full too. Garden has little starts already of peas, and I'm still pickling broccoli and carrots from fall plantings. Tomatoes are ready to transplant as soon as the weather makes up it's mind what it wants to do.

Dang - maybe I moved too soon on killing the termites - I hear they're edible too, LOL!!

have you ever watched Galaxy Quest? everytime the word termites comes up in conversations i think of that movie... if you liked Star Trek or similar shows or ever went to science fiction convention you'd probably find it funny too.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Glad to see others preparing just in case, cause it looking more like not if but when now

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't forget medicines. 80% of pharmaceuticals come from China. Anybody dependent on medications should talk to their doctor about a few extra prescriptions. That goes for OTC meds too, ibuprofen, naproxen and others.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Don't forget medicines. 80% of pharmaceuticals come from China. Anybody dependent on medications should talk to their doctor about a few extra prescriptions. That goes for OTC meds too, ibuprofen, naproxen and others.

Bay, it's simply amazing to me how dependant the USA is on China. Pharmaceuticals being one of many industry's where products are no longer made in the USA. How could we be so dumb?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Bay, it's simply amazing to me how dependant the USA is on China. Pharmaceuticals being one of many industry's where products are no longer made in the USA. How could we be so dumb?
It's all about the money. Make it cheap, sell it high.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Status
Not open for further replies.