Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well if shtf and there's a run on the grocery store. I won't be short of red meat :) I obviously have the best tasting grass around and could easily drop one from one of the dinning room windows. Where I took this picture from. Heck I think I might could drop one with my 200lb crossbow also.
IMG_20200301_225616.jpg

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What are your thoughts?

Media hype, much like the ebola virus...remember when everyone thought that would take over the US? Smoke and mirrors to distract the populace from more important things being slid under the table while everyone looks the other way. Same as always.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I talked with a doc friend yesterday to get her take on the Corona Virus. Her take: "It is a genuine threat, death rates for those who contract it are higher than they are with the flu. Transmission rate is higher than with the flu. The virus can linger in the air, in amounts that can cause infection, for some time after the ill person has left the area, unlike the common cold or flu. There is a LOT that is not known about this virus, even to the medical community. And there is a LOT of double speak going on." An other doc that I know posted this: "Wash your hands, cover your coughs and sneezes, and don't pick any one else's nose."

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I guess I would like to understand if China will be held liable or at least accountable. Since China was the orgriganating source. It's common sense, considering the mahem and deaths the virus has caused throughout the world. I'm not holding my breath though.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
how about making the airlines and governments accountable as they knew about this virus long before they started quarantining people. if they'd have gotten on it sooner we'd not have a pandemic heading our way. but, like i said before, business as usual... we have the best government that money can buy! so of course when things like this come up a number of people are going to die which don't need to...

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
how about making the airlines and governments accountable as they knew about this virus long before they started quarantining people. if they'd have gotten on it sooner we'd not have a pandemic heading our way. but, like i said before, business as usual... we have the best government that money can buy! so of course when things like this come up a number of people are going to die which don't need to...

Yeah... let's pray it's not a pandemic or at least hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

I'm still amazed our POTUS did what he did during the whole impeachment and trial sham. You do realize the impeachment literally shut down the government during and expecially during the trial.

The Senate was required to sit on their hands and not do any of the people's business. Lots of conspiracy theories out there, as to the timing of when the virus was first discovered and how and why. But I'm not a conspiracy kind of guy.

But hey the Dow is back up with the single greatest point gain ever at 1294.

It's so warm outside that the bullfrogs are croaking. We are under our first tornado warning of 2020

The world is still the same as it was yesterday and we live to see another day.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think this may get ugly before it gets better. Like @Britesea said, take your selenium and vitamins.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think this may get ugly before it gets better. Like @Britesea said, take your selenium and vitamins.
"Good natural food sources of selenium include:
  • Nuts, like Brazil nuts and walnuts
  • Many fresh and saltwater fish, like tuna, cod, red snapper, and herring
  • Beef and poultry
  • Grains
Whole foods are the best sources of selenium. The mineral may be destroyed during processing."

selenium present in grains also, I drink a nice glass of grains most everyday, plus to do eat nuts occasionally. :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The Senate was required to sit on their hands and not do any of the people's business.
Civics lesson: An executive order was used to institute the travel ban. There was no need for Senate approval.

An executive order, also known as a proclamation, is a directive handed down directly from a president or governor (the executive branch of government) without input from the legislative or judicial branches.

Status
Not open for further replies.