Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's all about the money. Make it cheap, sell it high.

So true. Sadly, many items are made so poorly they are not worth buying.

The coronavirus....
Articles tell you prepare for 2 weeks. LOL, that's incubation so they are saying wait to re-expose? Well, I have enough of everything here for months! I have a good supply of elderberry juice that I now consume each day. I don't intend to stay penned up. I do plan to use common sense about where I go and the hand washing, face touching, door knobs, steering wheels, etc. I always have sanitizing wipes in my truck & car....plus rubber gloves, paper cups, napkins, ropes, leadlines, buckets, blankets, clean rags, basic tools, jugs of water, jumper cables, etc. It's me. Work & years of animal care have me prepared for unexpected things.

It's a rampant, severe flu virus that takes over quickly on weak immune systems. I try to stay away from crowds. But my work is in stores. Protocol for food demos means a LOT of sanitizing, often & gloves always. In stores where I am in an aisle doing resets, I spray the area with Lysol. Kills many germs! Good stuff. Yes, I can wear gloves.

So, for me, it's caution and good practices. Stock up on necessities isn't needed, I'm there. Don't panic. If you need prescription meds, yes, be sure to stock up.

Animal feeds would be my only "watch" supplies on hand. But a feed store isn't crowed like the grocery lines. Most feed isn't perishable quickly. I'm normally good for 2-3 weeks supply anyway. LOL. :idunno

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good plan @Mini Horses Common sense will help a lot of people stay safe. We're well stocked on all things edible also. However, I'm beginning to get somewhat concerned about the possible drug shortages I've heard about. DH takes a LOT of meds. As far as stocking up on meds - insurance companies control that. Here - you can't get another prescription filled until what you have is used up. Hope that doesn't become a problem... :(

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s not just crowded places as far as shopping for things you need. It’s also about disruption to supply lines. The Feed stores may not have Feed because there is no one to drive the truck, work at the factory or the Feed store. Apply that scenario to everything you use.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm gonna stock up on cigarettes, coffee, sugar, and tp. if we gotta bug in for a month or two we will be ok. but realistically im a service tech and my wife is a hairdresser. if it hits here we are screwed. we are just hoping our kids dont fall in that 3 percent

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I am a school teacher. So, unless school is cancelled, my exposure to it could be severe. I have a fairly good nest egg laid back if I needed to stay close to home, but I don't feel prepared like I should be for it. My pantry is low, and my garden has failed the last two years.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I’m sure creditors will be perfectly understanding and not charge late fees, ding your credit, or make threatening phone calls. Yeah, right.
Ya know - if it's "mandated" that folks stay in maybe there will be some leniency. After Hurricane Harvey there WAS leniency toward bill paying and creditors did lay off late fees and credit dings. One can hope that this would qualify as a "natural disaster."

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, how are working people supposed to stay home for two months and still pay the bills? I’m sure creditors will be perfectly understanding and not charge late fees, ding your credit, or make threatening phone calls. Yeah, right.

yeah...and with $66 in savings I doubt we will keep the lights on long. but I got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive. a country boy can survive

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't know if this is real or not, but it's an easy fix... Just be careful not to OVERDO the selenium. We already eat a lot of foods that are rich in selenium in this house, and our multi-vite has some in it too. But I like brazil nuts, which are the richest source

Status
Not open for further replies.