Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Prayers for each of you as times continue to get tough...

Lot of homeless all up and down the left coast, one has to wonder what the plans are for them?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing in place to help the finances of the businesses that are forced to close, nor for their employees. Won't be much help if you don't get Corvid-19, but you get thrown out of your apartment and are on the street, or if you don't have any money to buy food. California is already stretched trying to take care of their homeless and poor.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Corona Virus Panic Room

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is so nice to come to a forum which isn't in outright panic. Twitter is a mad house right now! A lot of people passing blame when they themselves were unprepared.

I haven't been out and about since last week, not unusual for me. I do wish I had a freezer though, just for milk and meat. I can go without both for a while, but the virus here is so far contained and it wouldn't yet be a risk for me to continue shopping as usual (if the shops are stocked!). I used to have more food stuff in store and was teased mercilessly for it, now who's laughing. Keep up the memes!

I just cannot at all relate to people who dine out daily or need shop every 2 days. How exhausting! I feel the check out workers should get as much recognition as the nurses at this time, hectic!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Most of us on here try to be a bit prepared.

We normally go out about once a week for fresh veggies, bread, and milk. My Mom and Grandma taught me to have food in storage growing up. I always have frozen veggies, meat, and potatoes.

Going out isn't a necessity even if hubby really likes to window shop. Just have to go out about every 5 days for gas for hubby.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Having lived in rural areas most of my adult life, I don't like to spend the time it takes to drive into town to shop unless I really have to; there's other things I could be doing instead, like weeding the garden or something. So I got into the habit of buying 4 of something if I needed 1.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i try to shop as little as possible and hope to plan ahead. once a month is when we go the longer route for the big box store which is also near our favorite chinese place we've been going to for over 40yrs. since Mom visits people here or there on a schedule she is out a lot more. i'm a happy homebody. i have my books, my gardens and a computer, if i feel like being social i chatter on a few forums and e-mail a few penpals. :) good morning. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Nothing in place to help the finances of the businesses that are forced to close, nor for their employees. Won't be much help if you don't get Corvid-19, but you get thrown out of your apartment and are on the street, or if you don't have any money to buy food. California is already stretched trying to take care of their homeless and poor.

I am seeing a scattering of landlords not charging rent for a month. 😍

Status
Not open for further replies.