Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
It's heartening to hear of kindnesses in the face of all the panic and selfishness of those who are overstocking on supplies, not leaving any for those who would actually need some.
Agreed. It's perfectly fine to stock up, but don't be greedy.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Shopping when you live in the country: One for show, one for go, and a few extras just b/c. Has always been that way, and will probably always be that way. When it takes 1/2 hour or more just to drive to town, it's folly to run out of ANYTHING, and it's always wise to have a plan B, C, and D.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I missed a stock-up item! Vodka! I use 1 part vodka, 1 part vinegar, 1 part water for general cleaning spray.

I hadn't used up my first bottle of vodka since starting this so it never got into my regular inventory/reorder system. And now I'm using spray cleaner a lot more often - daily instead of maybe monthly.

Starting my list for the next time I go out. The vodka will get me out of the house before anything else. I have Lysol but am avoiding it due to fragrance. I'll use the Lysol if we actually get sick or if a wave of COVID-19 goes through town.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I missed a stock-up item! Vodka! I use 1 part vodka, 1 part vinegar, 1 part water for general cleaning spray.

I hadn't used up my first bottle of vodka since starting this so it never got into my regular inventory/reorder system. And now I'm using spray cleaner a lot more often - daily instead of maybe monthly.

Starting my list for the next time I go out. The vodka will get me out of the house before anything else. I have Lysol but am avoiding it due to fragrance. I'll use the Lysol if we actually get sick or if a wave of COVID-19 goes through town.

huh? i would guess that the vodka isn't really accomplishing anything and that you could probably just use a mix of vinegar and water and you'll be fine. all IMO...

for the record this article sounds pretty accurate... :)

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
"vodka can be used for many of the same tasks as vinegar, such as degreasing, deodorizing and disinfecting "

helps with streak-free shine too.

Status
Not open for further replies.