Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ive never had polio vaccine as a shot. It was oral both times I remember having it. I know there is a series for kids. It seems the US went to shots in 2000. I did have a bunch of other things via airgun at bootcamp for the Navy though.

Im not quite old enough to have had the smallpox vaccine. Hubby did though.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't recall any sugar cube. But I sure do recall the dreaded needle gun. Like I said, I still have the faint outline of the scare on my left arm. I might even be able to tell you how many needles were in that gun by counting the round holes in the scar.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
How could these people in their 60's think this was ok? Read the full article not just the headline. Since the headline is really misleading. so is the article for that matter but read it slow and it makes sense. Trust(for)org my ass.

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Really sad that they didn't know the difference between the 2 substances, but it's no one's fault but their own. It would be like someone taking the separate substances sodium and chloride because they didn't have any table salt.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't recall any sugar cube. But I sure do recall the dreaded needle gun. Like I said, I still have the faint outline of the scare on my left arm. I might even be able to tell you how many needles were in that gun by counting the round holes in the scar.

No sugar cube here. Just a little thing squeezed into mouth.

Smallpox vaccine scar. Had a bugger of a time making it show up with our poor lighting. The big thing, not the chickenpox one.
20200323_213844.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Although I remember the sugar cubes (nasty, nasty tasting), I don't actually remember the shot itself, and I didn't get a scar, but I remember fellow classmates running around with these little plastic domes on their arms, and kids comparing scabs, so I must have gotten it too. I was shocked when I found out they don't vaccinate for smallpox anymore; as far as I'm concerned, the disease is not "extinct" as long as there is a live culture in a lab anywhere in the world.
I also got a ton of shots in the Navy; we had to walk down an aisle between two lines of corpsmen holding needle guns- I got it twice in each arm. Some had to get a third one for cholera if they were going on to certain billets- they said that one hurt the most.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Really sad that they didn't know the difference between the 2 substances, but it's no one's fault but their own. It would be like someone taking the separate substances sodium and chloride because they didn't have any table salt.

I was researching a little bit and discovered that chloroquine is only obtained by prescription. The difference between the fish tank cleaning additive that the couple took and the drug used to treat malaria, is the way they are formulated.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Although I remember the sugar cubes (nasty, nasty tasting), I don't actually remember the shot itself, and I didn't get a scar, but I remember fellow classmates running around with these little plastic domes on their arms, and kids comparing scabs, so I must have gotten it too. I was shocked when I found out they don't vaccinate for smallpox anymore; as far as I'm concerned, the disease is not "extinct" as long as there is a live culture in a lab anywhere in the world.
I also got a ton of shots in the Navy; we had to walk down an aisle between two lines of corpsmen holding needle guns- I got it twice in each arm. Some had to get a third one for cholera if they were going on to certain billets- they said that one hurt the most.

is it wierd that I want every vaccine out there, like right now!? lol
I dont want to get small pox or cholera! but they vaccinate my kids for chicken pox.😑 hell, in the 80s we had chicken pox parties to get it over with. 😁

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No sugar cube here. Just a little thing squeezed into mouth.

Smallpox vaccine scar. Had a bugger of a time making it show up with our poor lighting. The big thing, not the chickenpox one.
View attachment 13468

they gave that one to me twice because the first time i didn't get the scar. the 2nd time nothing happened either so i must have somehow been exposed and got immunity.

i have a patch on my arm where the scars should have been where a lot of hair grows. i think that is funny.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
As for the push for testing: it's a false security IMO. for this reason: Say I have the sniffles, or a raging cold with acute coughing, so go get tested. My test comes back negative. FWIW, any time I get a cold, I get severe symptoms, it settles into my chest, and I require steroids to get over the severe reactive airway symptoms. Fine... So... assuming that the test is accurate, one can assume that I don't have this virus at the time of testing. But... folks are still needing to go out now and then. I skip into the store next week for a gallon of milk. And... just happen to be exposed... and just happen to catch this virus. But, I've already been tested, and have been told that I am clear. Testing is only a snapshot of a moment of time. So... it makes sense to me to save testing for the symptomatic patients.

Yeah, you are totally right. It might show up negative at time of testing, but then it can be picked up even in the testing facility! We have Fever Clinics here, they showed the line on the news. One lady had her hand up to her face, holding her mask down from her nose while scrolling her phone. I am pretty sure pulling the mask down with your dirty hand, defeats the purpose of having a mask. 🤔

Another girl I know went into a frenzy demanding testing week before last, when tests were restricted. Came back 3 days later, negative, she had a cold. Yet seemed to really enjoy the mass concern from others while waiting for results. People are going to get exhausted, to the point of compassion fatigue with this kind of frenzied panic. Luckily, We now have tests that give results in quicker time. If people are not sick enough to seek treatment, then they shouldn't be clogging up the system.

I dont want to get small pox or cholera! but they vaccinate my kids for chicken pox.😑 hell, in the 80s we had chicken pox parties to get it over with. 😁

We still had chicken pox parties in the 90's. One of the (many) reasons I won't have children is because of the forced medical intervention. No vaccine, no access to childcare, schools, social welfare etc. Don't do as the doctor orders and risk having the kids snatched from you. I had horrific reactions to MMR and Gardasil and paradoxical reactions to many other medications. I am not anti-vax and am fully vaccinated myself (as are my animals), but those kind of restrictions are more than I am comfortable with. Especially now.

Status
Not open for further replies.