Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
a guy I know is waiting on test results. he should have them in 2 days. if he tests positive ill most likely be getting a call from the cdc. until then we are self quarantined.
Oh no. This is not good news. I pray that you and your family do not have this.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Here's a bit of needed joy for all of us.
8661.jpeg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think once people get over the shock, most will have better quality of life due to the restrictions. Better quality food, more exercise, valuing social connection, etc.
I agree that things will EVENTUALLY be better than they were, but it will be uncomfortable until they get used to the changes.

@Chic Rustler I'm praying for you.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Goodluck @Chic Rustler

Regions are shut from next week here. Fines are starting to be enforced. Travellers have not been self isolating as ordered and will now be forced into quarantine in hotels. People are pulling their kids from school and going on holidays early :confused: I expect us to be doubling numbers every 3 days very shortly and a sharp increase in cases within the next few weeks.

Over 11,800 people tested for 255 cases in my state so far. 2 deaths. 28 recovered.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Either it's moving slowly in WI or there's shortage of testing. 3 neighboring counties have cases. 2 are holding steady at 1 case. One has creeped up to 6 cases.

My concern is living in a tourist county. We get influx of tourists from other areas of WI and particularly from Chicago. The tourist counties have issued statements that tourists and people with summer homes should stay home. I don't think enough people will listen. I'm expecting a delayed outbreak up here in the tourist counties. :/

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have a couple of friends who want to get together for supper this weekend. Umm, NO!
What part of social-distancing and self-isolation are you not getting folks?!? I know he is going into the office for work and she is a Physical Therapy Assistant, so they both are in places to get exposed.

We have friends who are from the Milwaukee are that have a house near us on the bay of Green Bay. They have both been sent home for Work-from-home jobs, so they moved up to their "cottage" for the duration. However, this is their retirement home and they are normally up here every weekend and holiday anyway. Are they considered visitors/tourists at this point? They are being very strict about the self-isolation and social distancing.

In Wisconsin, I think a lot of the people in the smaller towns and rural areas are taking this seriously. The hot spots are Milwaukee, Madison, & Fon du lac. The large cities and areas with dense populations. They are testing as much as they can, but the supply of test kits is really small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts