Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yah, I'm sure that is going to happen quite a bit this weekend. It does make me mad too.
My friends went to the "cottage" and stayed there. No grocery shopping, no take-out, no mingling with the locals. A lot of the people going to their cottages "up north" will go to the local grocery store because there is not food stored there over winter, get their Friday fish fry, and do that which they usually do.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Don't be quite so fast to jump to conclusion. My Dad and step mom, (age 94 and 97) are Fla residents. Both have severe dementia issues, as well as mobility and medical issues. They are technically snow birds. Right now, they are completely alone in Fla, with no family support. I would be delighted to have them fly home. But, at this time, that would not be wise b/c of the increased risk of exposure between airport and airplane. So... there they stay. When they CAN fly, I will pick them up and place them under strict isolation for 2 weeks. They NEED to be here, SHOULD be here, and many folks who don't know the circumstances would be quick to state that they should stay where they are. It's entirely a damn if they do, damn if they don't issue. The bright side of this: Sooner or later, we are all going to die. They have faith in Jesus, so... "For me to live is Christ, and for me to die is gain."

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm sorry your parents are stuck in Florida by themselves. That would be a hard situation to be in.:hugs

I'm sure that there will be people going north that will self-isolate and be fine. But most of those cottages have been locked up all winter and the cupboards are bare. and the propane level is low. Hospital beds are non-existant in those small communities so getting the virus spread to there could be very bad.

One of my co-workers goes to his cottage on weekends. The local tavern had a pool tournament a couple weeks ago that he was in - this was after the recommended social-distancing order but before the mandatory, governor issued stay-at-home one. They had one bartender and let 8 people in to play their pool game. Then those 8 were forced to leave and 8 more allowed in. The recommendation was groups less than 10 was OK, so they figured ti was OK.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm not happy about this situation and feel sorry for anyone who gets sick or their family, yet there are parts of me that don't mind when the ignorant reap the seeds of their own destruction, especially after they've had examples and warnings.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Took a long lunch today, Ohio governor announcement at 2pm, not wanting to wait for any surprises.

Got a few more essentials, some "treats"/snacks, paid for donuts to be delivered to our local pharmacy in the morning, meds filled, and got ammo for the shotguns. Years of living in an apartment had my defense stash empty with everything at my sister's place.

Stores were stocked well

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2020-03-27-15-09-34.png

USA is now the world's "hot zone" :(
Screenshot_2020-03-27-15-14-25.png

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What you don't see from those Corona-virus charts is the Italy had 60.34 million people, the US has 327.2 million people. Not surprised that we passed their numbers.

they JUST started testing. give it a week. it will be triple

Status
Not open for further replies.