Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
if we have to keep politics out, how about religion / mythology? It's not offensive in journals or signatures and I support people in expressing all areas of their lives in the threads that are about their lives - like in their journals or commenting on friend's journals. But when it takes over a forum, that's seriously off-putting. This is an international forum and <30% of the world identifies with Christianity.

Are you saying my grits signature is offensive -:lol?

Seriously though, like it or not

1) a person's beliefs or non-beliefs are at the core of who they are.

2) Politics impacts each of our daily lives.

Last edited:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
if we have to keep politics out, how about religion / mythology? It's not offensive in journals or signatures and I support people in expressing all areas of their lives in the threads that are about their lives - like in their journals or commenting on friend's journals. But when it takes over a forum, that's seriously off-putting. This is an international forum and <30% of the world identifies with Christianity.

I haven't noticed it taking over the forum? And why is it so offensive, I wonder? :idunno A person's belief system is at the very core of their being and it effects every single thought and action in their lives. A faith so deeply ingrained is impossible to never mention in the details of every day life, so gagging forum members because someone finds their faith life offensive is pretty extreme, particularly if they aren't cursing, insulting anyone or doing anything else that would commonly be considered offensive...they are merely expressing a love of Jesus Christ. It's literally impossible to separate that love from ALL areas of our lives.

There is an "ignore" button for a reason. I use it when I don't want to read things from certain members and it's very effective in keeping me from feeling offended by their comments and attitudes....like now.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You all are invited to move all such discussion that revolves around our witness of current events, and how it impacts our lives over to my journal. See you there. And, anyone who dislikes such discussion, it will be easy enough to avoid. Hate to tell you all, but the events we are witnessing, and the coming attractions as mentioned in the video Bee posted are gonna have a DRAMATIC affect on all things pertinent to sustainable living, homesteading, and our survival.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You all are invited to move all such discussion that revolves around our witness of current events, and how it impacts our lives over to my journal. See you there. And, anyone who dislikes such discussion, it will be easy enough to avoid. Hate to tell you all, but the events we are witnessing, and the coming attractions as mentioned in the video Bee posted are gonna have a DRAMATIC affect on all things pertinent to sustainable living, homesteading, and our survival.

Yep and it's going to be a lot more impactful than "Some People Did Something".

Can you just imagine the spiritual battle that's occuring right now?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Creal, it is palpable. I've been feeling it for a very long time. And the palpable oppression started before the Corona virus ever became a household word. My response to this spiritual attack is this: I will not be silenced. and, I will grow, process, and store as much food as I am capable of doing. So... when I exit this locale, I will leave a well stocked home behind, that will be of benefit to others. So, Bee, Creal, and others who care to... join me in my journal thread tomorrow. G'nite, and may God bless.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Creal, it is palpable. I've been feeling it for a very long time. And the palpable oppression started before the Corona virus ever became a household word. My response to this spiritual attack is this: I will not be silenced. and, I will grow, process, and store as much food as I am capable of doing. So... when I exit this locale, I will leave a well stocked home behind, that will be of benefit to others. So, Bee, Creal, and others who care to... join me in my journal thread tomorrow. G'nite, and may God bless.

All please remember... For the believers and NON-believers alike, the act of laying on of hands and prayer is a very powerful thing!
IMG_20200407_224520.jpg

And wither you realize it, or not. All of us have been feeling the effects of this very powerful act for a long time.

Isa 54:17

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My states rates for any interested parties -

1586326091990.png

Unknown sources continue to rise, so I don't think we will have true numbers here for a few weeks. All of those who called for strict lockdowns weeks ago are pleased we don't have them now. We are still free to go to the beaches and move around a lot more than other countries at this stage. I walked out to the dam to watch the moon rise last night.

I don't think anyone has to worry about a (human) global government at this time. Many outside of the US would not conform to that system. The US politics is just like watching a tv show to me, its so far removed from my reality. My reality does involve religion but even that evolves.

I am hoping the stimulus package hits my account soon and then I will go shopping for some more crochet and garden supplies. Keep safe guys :)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
A person's belief system is at the very core of their being and it effects every single thought and action in their lives. A faith so deeply ingrained is impossible to never mention in the details of every day life, so gagging forum members because someone finds their faith life offensive is pretty extreme, particularly if they aren't cursing, insulting anyone or doing anything else that would commonly be considered offensive...they are merely expressing a love of Jesus Christ. It's literally impossible to separate that love from ALL areas of our lives.

Again - it's not about what you believe or how you feel it's about the forum RULES! There are hundreds of other forums where you can discuss those topics to your hearts content. Even on your own front porch!

If I came on here and posted about how Hillary Clinton is the perfect person I can only believe that there would be a lot of blowback.

If I were a Satanist I can only believe that I would be tarred and feathered here.

This forum is for a friendly exchange of ideas pertaining to self-sufficiency. It has been damaged by the political postings.

Status
Not open for further replies.