Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah, there's that! (TP) some of my raised beds are shedding their snow caps. I'm thinking about covering one of the beds with plastic to speed the process.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well if shtf and there's a run on the grocery store. I won't be short of red meat :) I obviously have the best tasting grass around and could easily drop one from one of the dinning room windows. Where I took this picture from. Heck I think I might could drop one with my 200lb crossbow also.
View attachment 13283

100% of the people who have talked about such things around me always say the exact same thing~my own sons included in that group...they will just go kill some deer if they can't get food from the stores. Do the math and tell me just how long the deer population will last in such a situation? I've told the boys it's not a great plan for survival when everyone else has the same plan. ;)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
100% of the people who have talked about such things around me always say the exact same thing~my own sons included in that group...they will just go kill some deer if they can't get food from the stores. Do the math and tell me just how long the deer population will last in such a situation? I've told the boys it's not a great plan for survival when everyone else has the same plan. ;)
That's what I call Dumb Redneck Survival Syndrome. Forget the danged deer-shoot the feral hogs!!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
88261665_10219465263135379_4592266267963949056_n.jpg

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, I've been told they taste similar to guinea pig, and I've eaten those... not bad, especially as chili

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The water here has a lot of iron and calcium. We use a lot of distilled water, particularly any appliance. The scale build up is horrible.

Anyways, with regards to the virus. Several vendors at work sent memo's this week saying they are suspending site visits/travel for the next 45 days. My employer has not suspended work travel, but announced a new temporary policy about employees reporting travel activities.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
from my previous experience trapping here and the neighbors are all far enough away i'm pretty sure i could trap a few animals a week to eat without ever running out as long as the neighbors are sticking to their own property.

since if the SHTF actually does happen and the farmers are forced to quit spraying and using plows all the time it may actually end up being a huge improvement to the local environment and then perhaps we could work out arrangements for me using some of the nearby fields as gardens for beans and peas in exchange for protection and help or whatever... never know how things can go... cooperation is better than fighting and i certainly don't mind sharing, plus i have a nice emergency library for all sorts of things.

the local deer herd is quite large. i've seen more than one in the past few weeks and a few have been over 40 individuals...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts