Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Speaking of distilling

7985.jpeg

I must admit, them billies have got a nice setup. Complete with thumper.

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ran across a good idea to help out the small businesses in your area. Buy a gift certificate from them - whatever you can afford. That way, they have the cash to tide them over, and when this has blown over, you can use your gift certificates to buy dinner, new clothing, whatever... We already did that at our favorite diner.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh I didnt tell you guys about the couple I was listening to in the store Friday. Everything was pretty stripped. They were holding a jar of pickles talking about how they could use the juice to disinfect the counters because there wasn't any vinegar to buy.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Guns and ammo sales up as social order is in the balance...
One of the reasons is because the declared state of emergency has empowered governors with more powers, and when they in turn declare a state of emergency, THAT empowers mayors also. And instead of trying to take care of their constituents, many of these yahoos are playing politics with their new power.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just found on Facebook: A local guy has posted that he will go into town and pick stuff up for locked down seniors and others with low immunity. No charge for the delivery. And when I filled up my truck at the local gas station I asked if they had any distilled water for my CPAP. Not only did they have 8 gallons, but he insisted that I take all 8 when I was going to leave a couple for some other person in need, saying he could get more. He even insisted on carrying them all out to the truck for me. He was very concerned about me being out and about. Apparently around here, my white hairs are getting me some privileges, lol.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
The governor in MD just announced restaurants closing. I'm rather glad because I don't want to know how many stupid people would go out and party for the holiday tomorrow despite all the warnings. The biggest problem are the younger set thinking their invincible and not recognizing the impact they have on others around them.

As far as the death rate being higher than other countries - that's also largely due to the fact that we have not been testing nearly as much as we should, as we actually have no idea how prevelent this mess is right now. Without that understanding it is hard to predict what is coming next, which is why it feels like a bit of a blind side to the US, but many, many people knew this was coming. The response has been way too slow from our government to mitigate this, we can only hope that with all of us doing our part that we'll be able to shift the tide so that the medical system doesn't get too overwhelmed.

We are no where near as prepared as I'd like to be, for a number of reasons. We'll be ok, but it might not be fun for a while. I'm wondering if I should go to the store today, in the hope that maybe there's a little restocked before the next wave hits since the restaurants are closing now. Decisions decisions....

Status
Not open for further replies.