Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whew - well at least it's none of the above! This is just not a good time to be sick with Anything... :( But, really glad you got in there and at least now you know what it isn't!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Heading home, no flu, no strep, no covid symptoms, chest xray clear.

Governor is shutting down bars and dining in places at 9pm. Gonna grab a couple big macs to start the hunker down
Your not alone...

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker (D) announced Sunday afternoon that all restaurants and bars in Illinois will be closed effective at the end of the business day on Monday, continuing through March 30, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

It's gonna be SHTF, for people who are not prepared with enough food for 2 weeks.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chinese COVID-19 Lock Down Leftover BBQ Baked Beans going in the pressure canner :drool
View attachment 13363
You got a recipe you want to share, and canning instructions? Please? LOL LOL I have a bucket of beans I’ve had for several years and that looks like a good way to make them more available to eat. Plus we need to eat them and get a new bucket of beans. LOL LOL My Grandmother always worried about something bad happening, I didn’t scoff over her deep rooted feelings of doom. Maybe that’s where my squirrel DNA comes from.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You got a recipe you want to share, and canning instructions? Please? LOL LOL I have a bucket of beans I’ve had for several years and that looks like a good way to make them more available to eat. Plus we need to eat them and get a new bucket of beans. LOL LOL My Grandmother always worried about something bad happening, I didn’t scoff over her deep rooted feelings of doom. Maybe that’s where my squirrel DNA comes from.

I do Bay and it's the best BBQ beans you'll ever have but you have to work hard for it. You'll most likely have most everything but magic dust, which is the restaurants dry rub and seasoning. I'll see if I can find a recipe for it also for you.

PitBeans.jpg

We processed with the pressure canner for 75 minutes for pints.

Edit...
Magic Dust recipe 👌

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your not alone...

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker (D) announced Sunday afternoon that all restaurants and bars in Illinois will be closed effective at the end of the business day on Monday, continuing through March 30, due to the coronavirus pandemic.

It's gonna be SHTF, for people who are not prepared with enough food for 2 weeks.

two weeks aint nothing. it's the coming months that I worry about.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there will be a second wave and people will have let their guards down. just like San Francisco did in 1918.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I do Bay and it's the best BBQ beans you'll ever have but you have to work hard for it. You'll most likely have most everything but magic dust, which is the restaurants dry rub and seasoning. I'll see if I can find a recipe for it also for you.

View attachment 13366

We processed with the pressure canner for 75 minutes for pints.

Edit...
Magic Dust recipe 👌
Looks very similar to a recipe the ex wife made. She had ground beef and bacon in there

Status
Not open for further replies.