Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Ran out to the local grocery at lunch. Only gallon jugs of water and breakfast meats were missing. Other staples were low, but still there. About a dozen items were on quantity restrictions. Produce aisle fully stocked.

Got some ground beef. Burgers for dinner tonight

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stores have gone to quantity restrictions here. This has allowed them to get stuff in stock on shelfs.

Yes liquor stores are on the list of essential businesses here too. I didn't think about the issues with alcoholics going into withdrawals. Preventing that could very well be the reason

mischief

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I had to get milk powder too. It doesnt taste the same as it used to and once I open a pack, i need to keep it in the freezer or it seems to go off.
Just checked the updates site this morning. It hasnt been updated from yesterday yet, but I did notice that only 7 people are actually in hospital with this.

Beer and wine are considered essential here too. They didnt say tobacco, so I got enough for 4 weeks even though i am in the process of cutting down in order to give up. I dont know why they just dont ban it- there problem solved, except that the taxes we pay on it is enough to cover the entire medical expenses for the whole country at least twice over.

One thing I did find funny and hopeful was that there was a run on vegie seedlings day before lock down. I wondered if people were also getting in their seeds so I checked my fav online seed supplier and yep, they are considered essential and due to high demand they may take a little longer than usual to get orders out.
So, it looks like people are digging up their back yard (again) to grow food.

My daughter was going to get chickens, argh, so was I, I forgot and she ran out of time. Might check trademe to see if chicken sales are considered essential.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm in USA, in an area notorious for alcohol production and consumption. Liquor stores are considered "essential" and are staying open. :gig They don't want all the functional alcoholics going into withdrawal and taking up hospital beds. :gig Only in Wisconsin....

this country was founded by people who drank a lot and it may end that way too. i'd say i'll drink to that but i don't drink much any more. i went through a spell as a teen and again a bit later but now i consider myself a well managed addict. i know my weaknesses and try to stay away from them and succeed most of the time.

i don't think this will be a pleasant time for many, but i also don't think it will be the end of the world.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife went shopping this afternoon. She said Walmart was a ghost town. She got Rockstar parking without even trying. Intensity in 10 cities, double live Gonzo, Wang dang sweet p........ There were two employees cleaning and sanitizing the carts. The store was super clean and fully stocked with everything she looked for.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm in USA, in an area notorious for alcohol production and consumption. Liquor stores are considered "essential" and are staying open. :gig They don't want all the functional alcoholics going into withdrawal and taking up hospital beds. :gig Only in Wisconsin....

Head south a little bit get you some weed. Yep head shops are essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.