Reaction score
5.35% going down
Screenshot_2020-04-03-22-35-59.png

Screenshot_2020-04-03-22-36-05.png

Screenshot_2020-04-03-22-38-48.png

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Ohio Governor at his daily press conference with the state doctor (2:00 Wine with DeWine and Snackin' with Achton), announced stores still open must limit the number of customers in the store at one time. Each business may determine their own limit. Walmart must block off all sections but groceries and health/personal care items. Effective on Monday.

Made the hike to Walmart, refreshed the stock of essential items, plus a few luxury items for mental health. The store, with the exception of TP, was fairly well stocked. People were polite. Locally, on an area Facebook page, lots of complaints about families shopping "for something to do". Saw none of that this morning. I am always outgoing in stores, years of working in a grocery store. Somber looking folks had their faces light up with a simple "good morning" and a smile. I took the opportunity to thank every worker I could. Today has reinforced my belief I live in a great community.

Car is due for an oil change, getting that done now. Gassing up the vehicles.

I wish I had a garden to putter around in. Lol

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I went to go pick up a keg and some hops from my buddy at the homebrew store. What is normally a 50 minute drive one way turned out to be a 25 minute drive. Round trip I was home in 1 hour. All up and down route 13 were forsale / for lease signs. Hardly anyone on the major highway. It almost made me cry, it's so sad. I mean I'm talking about huge to small business... also I didn't see a single Police car, the entire trip. Filled up the truck with cheap gas also. But the Marijuana despensery was open with a line at the door. The state of Illinois deemed Marijuana despeneries essential businesses. Don't want Dick Durban to loose that tax revenue now would we? Illinois is so f'ed up!

My buddy had me call him when I was in the parking lot. He said put money in a envelope and stick it under the windshield wiper of his van and go back to my truck, so I did as he watched me from the window. Then he unlocked the door set the keg and hops outside and grabbed the envelope and went back in. I went up to go grab the keg and when I was about to get in my truck, I heard his daughter Chrissy yell my name. We talked for a minute her standing in the doorway and me quite some distance by my truck. In all honesty I just wanted to hug her, she's such a sweet woman. Everytime I would show up at the store she would seek me out for a big hug. She has ADHD and believe it or not, is a grade school teacher for kids that also have ADHD but school is closed now so she's full time as the homebrew store.

Apparently, my buddies homebrew business is booming, Chrissy said they can't keep anything in stock and she's glad her dad decided to do a mail order business at first. I guess homemade alochol is pretty popular nowadays. I'm glad his business is booming, couldn't have happened to a nicer family. Even if the sale seemed a little weird...

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s cold today, in the 40’s and wet. Not raining now, but did last night and will rain this evening. Been working outside cleaning up the place where the sheep round bale goes so we can get another one delivered. I had a FF lamb this week. Thought y’all would like a smile.

A3F9AB8F-DAA6-41F6-88E6-8F24242C7DBD.jpeg

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I bet its busy bizz right now lol, lotta people at home with not much else to do, time to hobby it up or learn a new skill~
That said Its a good skill and craft to know. Glad to hear it's doing well :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It’s cold today, in the 40’s and wet. Not raining now, but did last night and will rain this evening. Been working outside cleaning up the place where the sheep round bale goes so we can get another one delivered. I had a FF lamb this week. Thought y’all would like a smile.

View attachment 13622

Lil Lamb Chop :) I'm so envious - you guys rock!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter I bet its busy bizz right now lol, lotta people at home with not much else to do, time to hobby it up or learn a new skill~
That said Its a good skill and craft to know. Glad to hear it's doing well :)

Laugh - yeah home brew hooch and state licensed dispensary marijuana.

Status
Not open for further replies.