Coronavirus Concern Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
List of current shortages, please add what you know

• Gatorade powder. :lol: good luck finding that anywhere, the few left online are at insane prices
  • CO2. less fuel consumption has shut down ethanol plants, which is where we get most of CO2 supply. Small suppliers are already impacted. I discovered this one when DH gave me a SodaStream last week.
  • Weights for home fitness. When you can find them, prices are double pre-COVID prices
I've been wondering why I couldn't get any CO2 for our Soda Stream. DH wants to get some dry ice (no idea if THAT'S available either) to make CO2

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Try finding yeast. Thank goodness I have some in the freezer!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow. Lisa, I have some yeast in the fridge. Perhaps I'll see if I can get some more from my health food store, and stash it in the freezer. If that's not available, then, i'll be forced to FINALLY start doing sour dough.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone notice that Fla corona virus tests are 100% positives.....Interesting....every single person tested is positive
I read where a woman and her daughter were going to get tested. They came in and signed up, but there was a LONG wait. After an hour or so, they had other things to do, so they left WITHOUT getting tested. Three days later they got a call from the hospital that they had tested positive. ???

Also, this:
Population of Germany, Sweden, Denmark and Norway combined:
Total NEW Covid cases reported yesterday:
Population of United States:
Total NEW Covid cases reported yesterday:

Jan, and BriteSea: IMHO, the whole testing and viability stats is nothing but smoke and mirrors. It's all part of the agenda to bring on the one world government, EVERY single aspect of this situation fits in perfectly with all of the end time prophecies. It fits so well that I can come to no other conclusion than this: The whole corona virus situation is manufactured to bring about the fulfillment of these prophecies. It's a beastly situation. I'm sure that some of my readers will pick up the pun of that last statement.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm fortunate and apparently very healthy. I carry masks in my truck so that I can wear them in stores. Otherwise, I'm pretty much only near my animals. They don't need me to wear one. ;)

Many are not so fortunate and I want to respect their need for me to be vigilant toward them. Everyone has their own level of comfort and risk.

Personally, I feel the economy and mental health of the population, as a whole, is at the most risk. The outbreaks in my "general area" have increased but, isn't anywhere near panic. VA governor has mandated masks in public -- ok, he's a Dr, who was working his profession until elected. I respect his concerns and guidance for the masses & heavy populations. Also, I feel we more "isolated" people with limited exposure can be a little less demanding of restrictions. Do what makes the most sense for the situation you have.

Our economy needs help!! Some businesses can function from home, on line, etc. Some just can't. I see more people trying to do better -- yeah, yeast is hard to find and this is one reason why -- more home gardens, cooking, etc. THAT may be the best part of this scenario. :cool: Like many on here, I have always stayed pretty well stocked up on all things and cooked at home. It's just part of everyday for me. I am thankful to have the ability to do what I do...good health, my farm & animals, & a steady income.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have made a few masks for DH and Myself, we have multiples so we can keep a couple in the vehicles, in my purse, at the door to grab as we leave... We each have a little plastic bag with the disposable masks in our vehicles also, just in case we forget to bring a clean mask back out to the vehicle.

Masks are a tool to use to help SLOW the spread. But there are segments in our population that cannot wear masks. I have a friend that has asthma - wearing a mask triggers her to have bad asthma attacks. I had surgery on my nose to help me breathe - for the next week or so, it hurt to wear a mask.

Please be kind and understanding towards those who don't wear a mask - there may be a good reason.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
IN spite of my reactive airway disease, and the fact that mask wearing has a definite effect on my breathing for DAYS afterwards, and the fact that I can tell that my immune system takes a hit when I wear a mask, I am forced to do so when I take my parents out to MD, when I go into any medical building. I've asked for ADA concessions for my Dad and Step Mom, for them to be seen OUTSIDE (we live in a very rural area where that is very easy to accomplish: Dad must wear a mask, even though it makes him dizzy, and sends his O2 sats into danger level. And, the new PCP for step mom did come outside to see her in the car. I think I like that man!!!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I ordered Bulk Canning lids in March, and did not receive any regular mouthed lids.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
hmm, I haven't seen too many shortages here lately, although wide mouth jars were hard to find for a while. I had bought most of my canning/freezing supplies before the virus even showed up-- this rural area has lots of people who can and freeze and dehydrate, so by mid summer things are a little thin on the ground even in a normal year. I think that this year we weren't the only ones that thought ahead and picked up extras early on. Mainly what we are seeing is that meat (especially beef!) prices have shot through the roof. Oh, and I can't find any Goya foods, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts