Cosmetic Enhancement

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've read Bubblingbrooks thread on plain dressing with interest. It has got me thinking (well, I've been pondering this) about cosmetic surgery. Some of my friends are going knife crazy - mainly upper chest improvement. ;) These are ladies in their 40's and 50's - plenty old enough to be comfortable with what they were endowed with. And now I'm getting comments asking why I don't do it. Puleeze! I've very happy with what I have. So it's going a little south year to year. That's how it's supposed to be.

So what do you all think about this? I'm especially interested in comments from the men here. My husband would kill me if I had boob surgery!

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
I have a titanium right cheekbone. Does that count?

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, someday I'd like to have a tummy tuck - but not for reasons of vanity.

But a boob-job? No thanks. I'd fall over.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is not a waste of money to someone who wants to pay for it :lol:

everyone has their own hard earned cash...they can do with it what they please. waste of money to some, money well spent to others :p

I am getting some face work done when older. No way I am going into old age with anything sagging badly.

My hubby wouldn't mind me getting a boob job, but I won't. I am happy with what I have...I could care less if he is happy with what I have or not...heck he married me right, so I know 'they' were sufficient then HA HA HA

if I wanted a boob job, sure I would get one, but I don't. I say go gal if you want one, but when they go into "giant mega size" then I kinda laugh about it tho....

I am hitting 50, still too young for some cosmetic surgery but when I feel the time is right, oh yea, I am getting some face and eye work definitely. In fact I am saving money now to go towards what I will be getting...and in 10 years, I sure hope surgeries and recoveries have well improved --for pure vanity, darn right and for pure enjoyment of my older years looking and feeling good, darn right! LOL

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have a lot of extra skin due to weight loss. If I had money burning a hole in my pocket I could see having a procedure done. But then you get these people who look like their lips were attacked by bees, their mouth is about 5 inches too wide, and they are, apparently, perpetually surprised.

There is a line. Many have crossed it :sick

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
be happy with what you have!!!!!!!!!!

my ex stepmother had her breast done like 5 years ago and there is a leak and she has the risk of cancer

when you fight mother nature believe that its a battle and you will not win

if it wasnt there in the beginning then it shouldnt be there in the end

i believe vanity will kill you.........and thats from personal experience

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have seriously considered a boob job several times-only NOT the kind that most people think of. I literally have to order bras online since local places don't carry my size. It causes a lot of back aches. I don't think dh would go for it at all though. :p

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have no problem whatsoever with surgery that is to correct something...I guess I should be more specific. I just don't understand why an already well-endowed woman would spend $5,000 to further enhance herself (or lift it up when it's nature taking it's course). I guess it's just me, but at 49 years old I would much rather spend $5,000 towards paying off my house than paying for a lift. I guess we all have our own definition of "unnecessary". Even if I had money burning a hole in my pocket, I could think of a 1,000 other things to spend it on...and lifting up my boobs would not be on the list.

My question may sound judgmental, and maybe I am. But I have been feeling judgement from friends because I won't even consider surgery. I guess it goes both ways. When did it become uncool to be a 50-year old woman who is happy with what she was given, and doesn't feel the need to look 20 years younger?

Latest posts