Cosmetic Enhancement

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
rebecca100 said:
I have seriously considered a boob job several times-only NOT the kind that most people think of. I literally have to order bras online since local places don't carry my size. It causes a lot of back aches. I don't think dh would go for it at all though. :p
I had a friend who had a breast-reduction surgery. Her DH was thrilled and so was she - no more back aches! She looked and felt great afterwards. That's the kind of boob job I'm all for!
My SIL had breast reduction surgery also - for years she had to special order her bras. She joked she wore a rawhide bra - round 'em up and head 'em on out! She had 5 lbs. removed from one side, 6 lbs. on the other - so I'm sure she felt much better after the surgery. She was having terrible back pain and her shoulders were dented in from the weight pulling on her bra straps.

Truly, if someone wants to have a boob job or whatever, it is their choice. But it really seems to me that it's becoming "trendy" - 4 of my friends have gone under the knife in the last few years, for totally elective surgery. One actually put it on her credit card - I just don't get it.

Natalie's Nesters

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would LOVE to get a reduction, insurance makes it impossible! Besides, I'm kinda scared to do it. I have not colored my hair for 8 years, I had to start in my early 30s. My hair is in much better shape, I earned every one of those gray hairs! I have seen many surgeries on TV, no thanks.:sick

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
We (American women at least) all take part in some cosmetic grooming; like shaving legs, waxing/plucking brows, coloring gray hair. Heck some of us EVEN wear deodorant. ;) :p I do feel that is quite a bit different than getting some part of your body surgically altered for "beauty's" sake.

Hubby and I often watch a lot of old movies, (love you Netflix instant que!) some of them are even silent. Recently we have started paying attention to the actors and particularly the actresses. Especially their noses! Most of the actresses of the past were considered VERY beautiful back then and would today as well, yet there are big noses, bumpy noses, and (insert shock here) wide noses. Every one has a different nose! WOW!

If you look at actresses today they seem to all have the same slim, straight, slightly turned up little nose. They get them right out of the same box. :/

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
By the time I leave this earth, I won't be a delicate beauty crossing over into heaven. I will be battle scarred, muddly, bloody, and sighing with relief that I made it at all. tongue
well said, raro.. i'm droppin' all the way to the grave and will praise God when i get me one of them resurrection bodies! whooot!

We (American women at least) all take part in some cosmetic grooming; like shaving legs, waxing/plucking brows, coloring gray hair. Heck some of us EVEN wear deodorant. wink tongue
* looks around * ummm..... well...... er.....ah.....um.... never mind.

Dirk Chesterfield

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I hate it when I see some lady's tattooed eyeliner pulled half way up her forehead. Having to put Vaseline on your corneas every night because your eyes won't shut anymore. Eyebrows are meant to be above your eyes not up by your hairline.

Ever see that movie Brazil?