Cosmetic Enhancement

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL
I will be doing that soon. On my bunion. LOL

they grind, then crack the bone, re-align, and voila, I might be able to walk pain free and buy nice shoes again. my stupid bunion is just a foot nightmare LOL

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh yeah don't you have to wear old lady shoes when you have bunions? No roach killer stilettos?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Hubby had to have his knee rebuilt and they basically re-aligned his entire lower leg. Stuff to make you healthier ... grind on!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think my high heels is what gave me the darn thing...LOL
but I wouldn't have traded those beautiful heels I wore in younger years for anything....haha....I love beautiful shoes!

no --:p---not 'totally' old lady shoes just yet. I buy wide shoes so the stupid bone sticking out fits. Shoes a bit loose sometimes but I always find good shoes that fit.....takes time and alot of shopping, but I find them! I sniff out the good ones HAHA

AnnaRaven

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
I have seriously considered a boob job several times-only NOT the kind that most people think of. I literally have to order bras online since local places don't carry my size. It causes a lot of back aches. I don't think dh would go for it at all though. :p
I had a friend who had a breast-reduction surgery. Her DH was thrilled and so was she - no more back aches! She looked and felt great afterwards. That's the kind of boob job I'm all for!

raro

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've had a mastectomy, but didn't opt for reconstructive surgery. For one thing, the idea of stretching out what little skin was left (which already has stretch marks) in order to fit some implant in there kind of grossed me out. Or I could have opted for the tram flap, where they move a hunk of your tummy up into the breast area...so if I get hungry, my breast growls?! I think not. It just doesn't feel natural. Then again, nothing about cancer is natural, which is why I would never judge a woman doing reconstructive surgery. Of course, since my husband had already died, I had no one to care except me, and, well, I didn't.

To willingly go under the knife, to carve out parts we don't like, or to add to parts we want bigger...it just seems like a slippery slope. I try not to judge anyone who does it, but I know of entire families where every member has had something nipped or tucked, and it kind of creeps me out.

By the time I leave this earth, I won't be a delicate beauty crossing over into heaven. I will be battle scarred, muddly, bloody, and sighing with relief that I made it at all. :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I have had 8 operations to date, none for cosmetics. And I don't EVER want to have another operation if at all possible. The only time I would even think about having something cosmetic done would be if I was disfigured in an accident, fire or what have you. But, just to get it done to have it done, no thank you. I'm not getting any younger and while surgery may make me look younger, it doesn't change my age, so why bother?

That being said, if I had a large chest, one that was causing health problems, then I would get that surgery. IMO, that's not cosmetic, but a way to relieve suffering.

Mattemma

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
While I am not supper happy about certain wrinkles on my face I would never do anything to alter things. I did however have a mole removed.

My dentist is now certified to do botox.LOL,people are into it so much.Clean your teeth and pump up the face/lips.

I told my dh I wish I could get rid of my breasts,because for me their duty(breastfeeding) is done and now they just get in my way.When I was younger I wanted them big,and now I just wish they were super small.

I have read the stories of people who have died while doing butt implants. I am sorry they died,but I laugh at the idea of cosmetic butt surgery.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I recently saw something about a guy who got the implants so he could look better in jeans. I had to laugh too -- I've also seen the late night "Booty Pop" commercials and I'm wondering when it became fashionable to have one? Too bad it wasn't "in" when I was in high school, LOL.

Bs that as it may ...

I've colored my hair a couple of times too. Oddly enough I guess at the urging of my (female) boss. I guess women really do tend to urge those things on one another. I did find I liked having a nice hair color again instead of gray hairs lying on top. I quit plucking my eyebrows when I was 14 though. And I'm not against make-up. It DOES make me look a bit better, but I very very rarely wear it.

If someone else wants to have cosmetic surgery, that's their business. For me, I guess it just seems a bit extreme, risky, and expensive when I'm pretty happy with how I am. I agree that if I were disfigured somehow I would probably feel differently in that case.

I am sorry to hear of the OP getting pressure from friends to have surgery. I remember when my boss and co-workers were after me about my hair. Why should other women care if you do it or not???