Cosmetic Enhancement

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im on the its their money to throw away so have fun, but people need to also respect your desicion to say "NO THANKS"

that being said i am 100% "cosmetics" for health reasons. i had a breast reduction at 13, being after the reduction now 13 yrs later im still a DD after loosing 108lbs...i think you can see how that would have gone otherwise...
im currently reserching cosmetics to have my breasts lifted, and excess skin on my stomach thighs and arms removed because again after being so big for so long and loosing the such a drastic amount im having issues with the excess skin, heat and moisture causeing health concerns...

but i wouldnt put myself under the knife just because i can...that seems a little selfish to me, if its medical nessecity then fine...ohtherwise i feel like its an unnessicary risk to put myself in and i have my pets and family to think about!

i guess ontop of that as well...its not like i go anywhere to show it off lol
if im going to spend that kind of cash i want to be able to show it off or use it...so id rather a hot pink flat bed truck than a boob job...the trucks usefull, the boobjob....well noones going to see it when its squished under a bale of hay or hidden under a work jacket, or when your mucking out the goat stall lol

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Like so many of the things we talk about here, cosmetic surgery is a personal decision and the right answer is different for everyone. I don't think it's wrong for the OP's friends to get surgery, but I think it is wrong of them to make her feel like she should do the same if she doesn't want to.

If I had the money I would get my eyelids lifted right now. I love eyeshadow and I would be so much happier if you could actually see it once I put it on. I will probably start doing botox soon. I mean, why not? But even though I have thin lips, I won't get lip enhancements. Sometimes they look fabulous and sometimes they look grotesque. And I have noticed that as a woman ages, her lip implants begin to look really bizarre. If I thought I could get them and have them look great, I would. I also like lipstick and it would be so great to have lips to put it on.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I don't want any of it. Besides, I don't think I could ever anyway. I'd be too afraid of coming out looking like Voldemort.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Personally .. I never could understand a person willingly undergoing ANY surgery with general anesthetic (which can and sometimes does cause death) just to change the way they look. I just don't get it. :hu

Then again ... I also have never understood fake fingernails, flashy jewelry, high heels or what some women see in bad boys. ??

{Added: I TOTALLY understand reconstructive or surgery for your personal health like breast reductions.}

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
and let's not forget Michael Jackson....

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
you 2 are tooooo funny.............

most people go into surgery and dont realized they are worse than when they went in.

like dem der kuntry folks say if yuz ugly then yuz ugly.........paper bags are cheaper

Wifezilla said:
I'd be too afraid of coming out looking like Voldemort.
Or worse..... JOAN RIVERS!

http://bit.ly/dJNqCw

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
and yet ...

While beauty is only skin deep, and fleetingly temporary .... STUPID lasts forever! :lol:

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beauty is skin deep true, but I willingly shell out money to get my hair colored and my eyebrows waxed; I buy nice clothes that flatter me and hide my flaws while showing off my assets; I enjoy wearing make up every day; I love jewelry. It all makes me feel good. I don't give a hoot what people think of me, or if they like the way I look or not. The point is that I feel attractive, and that makes me happy. I do it for me. But I would never tell someone else that they should do the same thing. Everyone has their own level of comfort.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea those lip jobs worry me. I rarely see anyone come out with great lips. Lips can get too big too fast on a persons face.

I sure have seen some great nose jobs on people which enhanced their looks wonderful.

A nip and tuck and firm is still a good deal to me. Those when done slight can truly make one younger and more vibrant, but some surgeries are scary to me also.....like those full body lifts. On the people who lose weight, wow, the recovery seems horrible and the surgery seems so invasive to me......but if I HAD TO have one, I would.

Key on cosmetic surgery is pick what you want. The few parts you want to enhance. While you can go overboard, I sure would not. It amazes when people get addicted to cosmetic surgery stuff.