Cracked Heels!!!!!!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok, so I am not perfect. :D I have horrible cracked heels. I allways wore tennis shoes growing up and in my twentys. But I moved to my country-esc home and sarting having babbies. Now i live in flip flops. I used to use Bag balm but only at night. A pumas stone usually works if I do it every day.

Any ideas?????? Thanks gina

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I do use a pumice every day or every two days.

Only other thing I can think of is let your feet SWEAT - often, every day if you can - put on rubber boots with socks or something. Its the flip flops that will do it.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Lanolin - get it at a health or natural food store. If it works for leg problems on chickens, it should work on your heels. :p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Yup, I have the same issue. I wear flip flops all summer and end up with dry cracked heels. Now that I have switched to tennis shoes, not such an issue anymore.

I used to make my DH put cocoa butter on my feet (dh because I was pregnant this past summer and couldn't reach my feet) right before bed and then put socks on before going to bed. It helped alot!

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Same problem here, but I hate shoes!! Even in Minnesota I wear flip flops all year yound!! I got yelled at today for having shoes on at work that were too casual. In other words I had sandals on again. Oh well! I will get out real shoes, after all we had snow yesterday! :p

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My son had really cracked feet in the spring from them being wet in his boots all the time. I put tea tree oil on them, the malelueca brand (it is 90 something % tea tree oil...the best) and it was completely healed in two days.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I had the same problem, because I too live in flipflops.
I used a pumice stone and one of the metal things they sell that looks kind of like a grater and put lotion on my feet every morning and every night.
It only took a week or so to get better.
Good luck.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am glad to see I am not the only one who loves flip flops. I can deffinetly see the Lanolin working, it's what we used for cracked nipples while breastfeeding. Ok so TMI I know. :D I'll try it all. thanks gina

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I bought one of those Ped Eggs. Works fab! Then I use my goat milk lotion on my feet.

But it is the shoes. I have a tendency to go barefoot alot in summer and it tears up the feet bad. oh well....

Then the days I wear skimpy tennis shoes to the barn and get wet in the grass and such.

All feet terror...LOL