Cracked Heels!!!!!!!!

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's good to know most of us like to go bare foot. I have cracked heels from running around without shoes as well.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I drink almost nothing but water every day. The problem here is it is dry all yr round except maybe Aug., when our humidity can reach a whopping 40-50%:ep

No matter how much water you drink it is alway dry skin time.

Helena

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Lanolin helps.

So does the almond oil, shea butter, cocoa butter.

I use beeswax instead of cocoa butter.

I use one of those small rectangular blocks, some kind of synthetic colored thing, from the dollar stores. I used it every day in the summer and every other day in the fall. Gets the callouses off very well. I wear Mephisto sandals all summer and get callouses on my heels and the balls of my feet.

Those little blocks do the job. I just use it with the bath water, not soap.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So I bought one of those ped pod foot scraper things yesterday. I worked great. I think with it and the extra goo and socks at nitgh I sould be on the mend. At least for now. Thanks gina

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just browsing through, I don't think anyone has said: You can use any kind of vegetable oil. Olive oil seems the most decadent, but corn oil would work, too. If you are in a pinch or just don't want to buy some extra cream to put on them, use the oil that's in your cabinets. (Then cover with socks and sleep in it.) :) Stay away from petroleum jelly or products containing that.

Cassandra

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
tankshill
glad you like the Ped Egg thing. I love mine.....so easy! You should have smooth heels soon! It works real fast with the Ped Egg for me

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Unnatural so maybe not welcome, sorry if so, and wont work if you like to live a chemical free lifestyle, but the best cure I have ever had for cracked heels, and I mean it works, is ~
Krazy Glue
No, I'm not nuts - you fill it up, it may sting a bit at first - but it stops and the gap closes, you can sand the crack a bit with an emery board or pumice after it dries, and it stays that way for good, it heals naturally, or is that unnaturally, and doesnt hurt again.
I had cracked heels up to an inch long, and some very deep...not a problem any more at all, first sign of one and out comes the Krazy Glue. I'll deal with the consequences later, cause I can walk for now! The generic stuff works too, I get it at the dollar store.
Tina/tfpets

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
When I used to be a bartender that was the favored method for cracked fingers. Allways having your hands in water is a killer. I forgot about that. thanks g

Dandelion007

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I'm always looking for shortcuts. I found that my cordless Dremel works wonders for the dry skin on your feet! Just use the small drum on the slowest setting and the dust will fly. If you stay in one place too long, you will feel it start warming up. It also works great for dog nails and chicken beaks. I tried it on my Chihuahua since she is so sensitive to clippers. What used to be a fight now is easy... And chickens don't mind much either.

I love my cordless Dremel.

Also, straight tea tree oil is awesome for athletic's foot. If feet are cracking, maybe that would be the cause.