Cracked Heels!!!!!!!!

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I dry my towels on the line so they're good and crunchy and rough, so when I get out of the shower I scrub the heck out of my heels with a dry towel and that seems to help a lot. It's basically the same idea as a pumice, but I have a hard time remembering, or maybe I'm just being lazy! ;)

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
When mine get really bad I put neosporin on them & wrap them up with gauze at night for a few nights & it really helps clear them up fast as the neo helps soften up the dead skin to where it can be trimmed off easily & reveal the healthy "live skin" under. But I also use my foot bath to soak them in too.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use Neo around and on my fingertips at night about every 3 weeks.

cracked so bad from washing my hands so much and outside cold work in the water and dirt.

It does help heal them.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
I use Neo around and on my fingertips at night about every 3 weeks.

cracked so bad from washing my hands so much and outside cold work in the water and dirt.

It does help heal them.
Wow I'll have to try that - my knuckles crack and bleed sometimes... they're SO dry. I HATE lotion on myhands, I just can not stand the feel of it, so my hands really suffer.

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I also have cracked heels. Or I use too.
Do any of you remember the post about vinegar for fungus nails?
Well it worked for my cracked heels. Also drinking more water helps with your skin when it is dry.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea my dad's hands get that bad that they bleed when cracked. mine don't get that bad now, using the Neo keeps me in check....dad started using it too and is improved.

what is it with hands? LOL they sure take a beating.

I put it on at night and wear a pair of thin white gloves. I reuse them and it seems to help alot. Our hands sure need all the help they can get..LOL

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I gotta say, in our initial onslaught of baby products after we had our little one, someone got us some Burt's Bees: "Baby Bee Skin Creme." We never once used it on her bottom, but it is, hands down, the BEST thing I have ever used to heal dry, cracked hands and feet. A little too expensive, definitely. But we used it a lot when we were washing our hands every 5 seconds because we were sick and didn't want the baby to get it... and my hands have never felt so good.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
the simple life said:
Our local drugstore use to sell Crack Cream. That was the name of it and it worked great on cracked finger tips. Ya know how those take forever to heal.
LOL I found that stuff once - I think online - I gave it to my hubby and told him it was for his crack... :gig (edit to add: No he's not Joe the plumber!)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Mix Almond oil, Shea butter and Cocoa butter together until it makes a thick ointment.

Slap it on those hard to heal spots and put on your socks.

Go to bed and wake up healed!