Cream cheese - your favorite way to use it?

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have been known to mix it with melted chocolate...

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh My Gosh you guys! Great ideas! I love it rolled up with ham and pickles too. Wish I had some ham.
Have you ever had the dip that is a layer of cream chees, layer of chili, topped with a layer of whatever type of cheese you love. I use colby. :drool
I like the dessert ideas, hadn't thought of going that way. I have some homemade caramel rum sauce that would be good too.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Javamama said:
Oh My Gosh you guys! Great ideas! I love it rolled up with ham and pickles too. Wish I had some ham.
Have you ever had the dip that is a layer of cream chees, layer of chili, topped with a layer of whatever type of cheese you love. I use colby. :drool
I like the dessert ideas, hadn't thought of going that way. I have some homemade caramel rum sauce that would be good too.
Oh NO you DIDnt just say homemade caramel rum sauce!!

You are going to have to post a recipe, that sounds like a good gift idea!!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You could also do the Bama thing. Mix in a load of chopped up green olives and pimentos, and spread it on white bread.
(Don't hit me, Wifezilla!)

If you really want to get southern, you'd need to cut the crusts off and cut it into finger sandwiches.
Then OM NOM NOM...

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
You could also do the Bama thing. Mix in a load of chopped up green olives and pimentos, and spread it on white bread.
(Don't hit me, Wifezilla!)

If you really want to get southern, you'd need to cut the crusts off and cut it into finger sandwiches.
Then OM NOM NOM...
I've got to get out of the food section!!!!

Cheap white bread can stand on it's own as far as I'm concerned! :drool Hide here comes Wifezilla!!!!! :hide

I wasn't allowed to eat white bread as a child. So guess what I did just as soon as I went to college? Loaves and loaves of it!! Nothing like a sammy of cheap white bread and thick cut bologna with a smear of mustard....mmmmmm!!

I'm getting all distracted now...

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You could put some in the scrambled eggs, it gives them a nice creamy flavor or slather some on strips of smoked salmon and roll them up.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Cheese Grapes

one 3 oz pkg cream cheese
4 oz blue cheese crumbles
1/4 lb seedless grapes
1 cup finely chopped nuts: pistachio, toasted pecan, hazelnuts

Beat together room temp cheeses till smooth, coat each grape and roll in nuts. Chill.
For holiday parties I make a variety- green pistachios, red pistachios, sunflower seeds, almonds, etc.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love cream cheese!

Makes great cheesecake. :D I have a cheesecake craving going on.

Smear cream cheese onto thin slices of smoked ham and then wrap them around crisp dill pickles like claussons. The cream cheese would glue the ham onto the pickle. Chill in fridge for an hour or so . Then slice the ham-pickles into half dollar rounds at about 1/2 inch thick. Made an interesting pink, white and green "bulls-eye" looking hors devours. Sometimes I would just eat the ham, c. cheese pickle whole if I was alone. tongue
I do this but start with a tortilla, spread the cream cheese maybe dijon mustard then add sliced meat, even thin sliced cheese, maybe another piece of meat, then the pickle. Roll it up and tuck in the ends. Wrap in plastic wrap for a couple of hours. Cut in half and serve round handful sandwiches. Go well at parties.

I also love the cream cheese and salsa for a quick snack.

Cream cheese livens up mashed potatoes.

Now I'm hungry. :drool