Crepes to beat the heat.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I watch Living on a Dime on YouTube and Tawra was making crepes. It looked easy and I wanted to make dessert I wouldn't have to bake so I decided to give it a go.

It went really quick and finally a purpose for that little green skillet DH insisted I buy. I used a strawberry sauce and chocolate chip ice cream for filling and to pour over the top.

I was amazed at how yummy this turned out. I think puddings and fruit would be great too. I know savory dishes are suppose to be good too.

Crepes are really economical and you can use whatever you have. It looks kind of fancy so I think it would be a good company recipe. The basic crepe recipe uses pantry items like flour, milk, eggs, sugar. Everything most people have already. Also, they can be used for any meal or as a snack.

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would try my hand at making them but I don't have a crepe pan seeing how I'm hearing all kinds of good reviews on them.
Hmmm, I wonder if I could do something like a blueberry cheesecake filling.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Making me hungry!! It has been forever since I had crepes. Anyone have a good recipe?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Ingredients
Serves: 4

• 125g plain flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 120ml milk
  • 120ml water
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted

Method
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled flat griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 60ml for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
  3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a fish slice or spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.

We usually sprinkle some sugar and lemon juice on them and roll them up. YUM!

Country homesteader

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sumi, I hate to say this but there might be some of us including myself that don't know the conversions (i.e. 125g flour and so on) to American measurements. If you will could you convert it, please?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:drool That's not fair! I've started on my "healthy eating" plan and it's not fair for ya'll to temp me that way!