Custom Electric Bass Guitars

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I build (by hand) high quality custom neck through stereo & mono two pup electric bass guitars. i'm currently set up to build 4, 5, 6 & 8 strings fretless or fretted, solid or semi hollow. But if your looking for a 12er or double neck, I'm game.

My necks and bodies are shaped and weighted to fit the owner for ultimate playability and a comfortable ride.

Every guitar I build comes with a lifetime warranty (my lifetime) and a free annual setup and inspection performed by me in my shop.

I build using only top shelf componets and wood I harvest and cut on my own sawmill. I stand behind my work 100%. Let's just say... My guitars are not made in China. They are the real deal. But this is not my guitar, it's yours and sculpted just for you and only you.

If your in the market for a new bass guitar, give me a shout and let's talk. I'm sure we will have a interesting conversation even if you don't end up buying a custom made guitar from me... :)

A few examples of guitars built.

Sold body flat top wild black cherry and hard maple sap wood 5 peice laminated neck. Strung with roto sounds and with it's hand made imported from England overwound "firebucker" pups this bass has the punch and growl that makes you stand out from the crowd. Her owner came to me and asked for a bass with a attitude. I delivered what I thought was a monster but her owner has named her Autumn because she's plays so smooth and is beautiful sounding but yet can jump up with a big attitude when he desires. I hand selected the wood that went into this guitar for tonal quailites and it really shines through when you plug this one in.

IMG_0978.jpg

SB6.jpg

8 string double octave Ulta Thin 1" thick carved top and back semi hollow neck through. Custom made with figured hard maple sap and heart tone wood. I made this for a very short up and coming professional female bassist with very small hands. She wanted a bass to help fill in missing "harmonics" from her current three member band. Unlike store bought 8 string double octave basses, each of the 8 strings have their own saddle and are intonated individually. Owner said "you knocked it out of the park!" Although orginally intended to be a double octave - she likes to tune it in thirds to help fill in for the missing rhythm guitar in her current band.
uploadfromtaptalk1425497371295.jpg

I'll try and dig up some more pictures - if I can find them.

Last edited:

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Beautiful work! The only musical instrument I know how to play is the radio, but I can appreciate the work! :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Beautiful work! The only musical instrument I know how to play is the radio, but I can appreciate the work! :)

Thanks - playing a radio is good enough for me :). Glad you appreciate the work... A lot goes into building one of these since every one is unique. It's a labor of love for music more than anything else.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful!

I would love to know how you got started doing this.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
wow.amazing work! Almost makes me wish I still played bass! It's been a LONG time.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful!

I would love to know how you got started doing this.

Sorry I must have missed your question - how did I get started?

Well I've been wood working since the 80's. I took wood shop in high school and never stopped. I also took music all throughout grade and highschool. I've played in multiple bands and even before large crowds. I really like to play jazz and progressive rock. But truth be known I just really love music! I like just about any kind of music (besides rap) as long as the musicians really know how to play their instruments well. I guess both woodworking and music just came together at one point in time...

I'm a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy anyways... There's a famous saying that I like to follow: "if your want to build a house - then build a house!" I just substituted bass for house is all. You can also substitute any thing you like into that famous saying too. But remember there is only one thing that will stop you dead in your tracks from trying something new - that's fear. Overcome fear and the possibilities are endless.

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
No doubt about it, you have definitely followed your dream. I wish you many more years in building guitars.

Latest posts