Damn Wild Dogs Shoot em all

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I have 2 monster barn open areas for all my herd which is now not accessible cause T-storms out there and I can't check the fenceline today. Crammed into 2 horse stalls with pasture but they sure aren't going outside, they are whamming the heck out of each other in those stalls.....too many in a small area but heck better than eaten. Now I have to worry about them killing themselves vs. a darn wild dog lol
ya can't win either way! :) why do goats beat the hell out of each other lol honestly, it is just a pain in fact farm life is becoming a huge pain lol

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
why do goats beat the hell out of each other lol honestly, it is just a pain in fact farm life is becoming a huge pain lol
One word: GiantJuicySucculentTastyGoatSandwichOnRyeBreadSmotheredInMeltedChevresCheeseWrappedInBacon - its a mouthful but sho' am good.

Is this in bad taste? All my chickens were killed so me thinks I am allowed
shogood.jpg

Comedy makes things easier to swallow - oops

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
I got down there with an axe in my hand..
so.. you know you are my hero, right? and in another life a battle axe (or a pole axe) would have been my weapon of choice.
:)

I like my killing up close and personal. :D

Actually, it's quicker to grab one of the axes strategically placed around the property than to go inside, get a gun, get the magazine, load it...

By that time the critter is usually already tore up or long gone.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I keep my guns already loaded and parked in strategic locations around the property, plus I carry from the time I get dressed till time I go to bed.
A .40 caliber Glock or a Taurus Judge is a lot easier to carry than an axe, plus they have more range. I can't throw an axe like I used to. :D

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Taurus Judge
thats what i'm talkin about

Buster - as far as axe throwin goes... i think i need to work on my javelin throwing...farm style - usin' a pitch fork, if you know what i mean.

me - i go runnin' right out there with a coupla loaded dogs. that way i wont shoot myself, i can call 'em back, and there is no way anyone can take one of them dogs and turn it on me.
;-)

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the sad news, FarmerChick. I hope your goats can get back out to pasture soon.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
Buster - as far as axe throwin goes... i think i need to work on my javelin throwing...farm style - usin' a pitch fork, if you know what i mean.

;-)
A pitchfork is one I hadn't thought about! :thumbsup

Note to self: Don't pizz off OFG! :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that "baby" goat is about 70 lbs and worst thing to come of this is my back hurts I carried that goat a ways to my horse barn and put her in the stall to tend to the worst goat-----my lower back is stoved up to the max I'a hurtin right now LOL

I tell ya all I am getting too darn old for this farming
seriously lol

I can't fall apart who will do the work? ugh lol

Buster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
I keep my guns already loaded and parked in strategic locations around the property, plus I carry from the time I get dressed till time I go to bed.
A .40 caliber Glock or a Taurus Judge is a lot easier to carry than an axe, plus they have more range. I can't throw an axe like I used to. :D
I don't carry like that. No need to. The dogs do most of the work anyway. I'm just backup. :D

Besides, I don't like loaded guns around the place. To many little kids come to visit. I keep my guns in once place and my ammo in another.