Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was following hubby once, and a mouse came out of the bed of the truck, ran around on the bumper a bit, then ran back in! :lol:

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Quick update:

Stepdad had a doctor appointment on Thursday. Doctor admitted him to the hospital due to uabnormal swelling in the legs, up to his waist and they are worried about it going up to his lungs and eventually his heart.

In all actuality, it's the old farts' fault for being active outdoors in these 100F+ temps and lying to the family about how bad the swelling has been for over 3 weeks now! :smack I'm beginning to think he's on a suicide mission and about over his crap! This sounds mean and hateful but it'd be easier to take him out behind the barn and put him out of all our misery...and cheaper, to boot! :hide

I will be back in a few days (hopefully) with a much better attitude! :fl

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm baaaack and all is well!!! :frow

Pop is home from the hospital but we're still ready to take him out behind the barn and atleast give him a good whoopin'! :gig They found a blood clot in his leg and apparently that didn't help the situation with the abnormal swelling on top of the fact that he should have mentioned how bad the swelling was getting, to begin with and NOT wanting to take his water pills to put the icing on the cake! :smack

Didn't get a whole lot of info from mom yesterday (15th) as we had some more excitement to top pops'! :hide

We're heading back to mom's for our civilized visit when we meet my sister on the dirt road and she asks us to go back to my aunts' place first as there's a wildfire behind her place and we might be needed to keep the house wet, just in case. My heart dropped down to my toes, as all I could think about was the wildfire across from us last March. The firefighters told my aunt that they'd do everything in their power to save her home but they wouldn't be able to worry about the old homestead and to get anything out of it that she wanted to keep. I know that had to tear at her heart as it was their first "home" when they moved out here form South Jersey 30+ years ago.

Fortunately, my BIL was quick on the draw and worked a rough firebreak, in well away from her house, and the forest fire service was able to get it contained in the hay field before it ever even got near the house or old homestead. :th Haven't heard any more news about the fire so I'm taking it as no news is good news! ;) Haven't even found much about it on-line other than it burned about 600 acres between five and different 6 farms. The only article that I did find about it was going to cost me to read more and I decided to wait until Monday, when we go back over to moms.

Third time is a charm and we're finally getting a break from the everlasting heat wave, and I've been getting a lot of stuff done outdoors and we had some rain just before I logged in here, that lasted for quite awhile! :celebrate

Will be back to aggravate ya's with some pix tomorrow! :D

I've missed y'all and it's good to be back home!!! :hugs

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Welcome back :)

Sounds like you've had quite the roller coaster ride lately, but glad everything is ok.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks, lady! :hugs

Life had been on the level for quite some time, so it was definately time for a bump or two to show up! :gig Mostly glad that we all survived the bumps unscathed, for the most part! ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We've been getting the rain, but at times it's really been a bother. It really puts on damper on plans.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I hear ya on the rain Deb, but I'm to the point of "the heck with my plans", I'll take the rain since we are at least 15" below normal rainfall amount here. ;)

Well, I'd planned on being back yesterday but life apparently isn't finished with us yet! :lol: I was up waaaay late watching the rain/storm system on the radar. When I finally went to bed, there was another round moving in but I really didn't expect us to get anything from it. Well, we got it alright and it got us good! :gig

I woke up once and it was just pouring (according to the sound of monsoon on the tin roof), so I rolled back over and slept for a few more hours. When I finally get up we have no power. No big deal, right?! Two hours go by and still no power so I decide to call doc and leave him a voice mail asking him if he forgot to pay the electric bill. :gig

He finally had a chance to call me back, tells me the bill was paid (I was positive it was, actually), and tells me to check the breakers. Well, I'd checked the campers' but not up at the pole. He tells me to call him back after I checked up there and I get to tell him that I'd try...my cell phone was down to one bar on the battery at this point in time. So I check the pole and all is well up there, too. Call him back and my phone starts to beep due to the low battery. He tells me he'll check it out when he gets home.

Since I couldn't do anything on the computer, I worked on getting rid of the old brush pile up near the Chick-n-Barn and managed to get about half of it burned since everything was so wet. :celebrate

Doc gets home and yep, I was right...both breaker boxes were okay. Then he proceeds to tell me that he's pretty sure he watched the transformer blow on the pole due to a lightning strike just about the time he was heading out the door to go to work. He calls the co-op and the lady that answered the phone got snarky with him about why he was just calling now if it had been out all day and said someone would be right out. They showed up, fixed the problem and told us to call anytime! :lol:

I also got some much needed cleaning done in the camper and will continue with that later today as it's only going to be 82F here! :bow AC is off, windows are opened and I'll be breaking out the shop vac to get rid of some "Halloween decorations" and dust. ;) Plan to work up in the shed, too, and see if I can get the Enterprise taken apart. I'll get pix posted later today as I just got them off the camera and don't feel like dealing with it right this minute. ;)

Happy Weekend! :ya

*edited to change phone bill to electric bill...sheesh! :lol:

Latest posts