Dawn419 & doc's LSTA: Confounded Computer!!!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dinner is devoured! Had pork roast, stuffing and steamed broccoli. Didn't wrap the roast in bacon since doc wanted to do it on the grill. I'll save it for a night of slow roasting in the new 10-in-1 kitchen toy as a suprise some night. ;)

Wanted to work on getting those two trees out of the orchard area but it was just too windy to even think about doing it today so it's on the schedule for tomorrow. :fl We just had a lazy, relaxing day but did take care of the critters and did a good indoor water haul, plus we both spent time on the computers doing whatever.

The weather has really cooled off nicely with a definate taste of fall in the air. We're starting to notice the trees coloring up and we've got the bit of rain that we've gotten for that! :bow

And nothing says fall/cool weather like the mouse trap staying busy. :rolleyes: Got one last night and another is sniffing around the trap as I type this. Hop in there and get that peanut butter varmit, you know you want to! :lol:

Got a small fire going out in the pit so I could dispose of last nights catch. Doc decided to go smoke a cigar out by the funeral pyre, I decided to come here and pester y'all! :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
But, it's too late! I'm getting ready to go to bed, so you can't pester me.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Maybe so, but there's always tomorrow and Wednesday...will be at moms on Thursday so you'll get a break then! :gig

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had pork roast too! It wa the last of what I cooked yesterday, with a little bit of left over squash casserole (also from yesterday) but I cooked up some fresh collards to go with it. Yumalicious!

We're cooler here in the Gulf Coast area too. Supposed to get all the way down to 57 tonight I think! Break out the long johns, lol. I am a total wuss when it comes to really cold weather. If it's above 50 I'm good..much colder than that and I'm ready to hibernate. And the little rodents around here are just like me - they don't like it cold and they wanna hole up in my house..grrrrr!

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Getting cooler here too Dawn. You just reminded me how much I enjoy a fire pit this time of year!

makes note to self.... drag the fire pit ring to the house when the rain stops

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
yeah,

earthmother, the pork loin was awsome, i smokded it with hickory chunks. i am also a big wuss about the cold, i'm a few weeks away from long johns and long sleeves.

farmboy, the fire pit is my solstice, i work a lot of crazy hours, so every night that i'm off... i pour a glass of wine or a couple of fingers of bourbon, fire up a fine hand rolled cigar and tip my head back and take in the stars. this is how i unwind from crazy 12 hr days that flip flop back and forth from days to nights.

GD, wow you never cease to amaze me.... orchids.... back before the bike wreck dawn and i had a huge collections of orchids, over 300 specimens. unfortunatly me on a walker and dawn with a broken wrist and cracked ribs wasn't conducive to caring for our collection, we lost most of it. we still have a few, buy we're waiting to expand our collection until i get our green house built.

cheers,

doc

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Skip the cigar and the alcohol, and that sounds like a good evening to me. At this time of year, I love to make a fire, sit back and watch the horses while it gets darker. Then, when it gets too dark to see them, I'll go to bed. Make note to self-get tack shed all cleaned and find new mattress for cot so I don't have to go home after doing this, but can stay at the farm.

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
deb,

this is about my favorite time of year for relaxin' out by the fire. most mortals would be challenged by my schedule, but you should get that cot set up, kick back, and sippy and enjoy. i love my unwind and dawn totaly respects that. more often than not she joins me. we keep girly-gars in her own humidor. i almost always include a tin of her favorite cigars with an order of mine. nobody will ever understand our click on these things, but lil mama has a special place in my heart...she's the boss.....

doc

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now that's a good man right there! Any man who will go on a public forum and announce that 'lil mama is the boss' is a purty wunnerful fella! Congrats Dawn - sounds like you got a keeper!

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
doc_gonzo said:
yeah,

earthmother, the pork loin was awsome, i smokded it with hickory chunks. i am also a big wuss about the cold, i'm a few weeks away from long johns and long sleeves.

farmboy, the fire pit is my solstice, i work a lot of crazy hours, so every night that i'm off... i pour a glass of wine or a couple of fingers of bourbon, fire up a fine hand rolled cigar and tip my head back and take in the stars. this is how i unwind from crazy 12 hr days that flip flop back and forth from days to nights.

GD, wow you never cease to amaze me.... orchids.... back before the bike wreck dawn and i had a huge collections of orchids, over 300 specimens. unfortunatly me on a walker and dawn with a broken wrist and cracked ribs wasn't conducive to caring for our collection, we lost most of it. we still have a few, buy we're waiting to expand our collection until i get our green house built.My sister had them and said they were hard to grow. I took that as a chalange, They are hard in the frozen north but I can grow them outside here where the climate is hot and damp now I just grow for the beauty and I am limited by the number that I can protect from frost ~gd

cheers,

doc