Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
One lamb died. She wasn't drinking as much milk as the others (consistently), and started crashing in the mornings. She'd perk up with electrolyte, and start eating creep, grass and drinking a little milk. Then crash the next day. The third day, the third time I tubed her that day, stomach contents came up the tube. hmmm.... that's not right! I had to run out and pick up stuff from an auction and run errands. I was gone 4 hours and she was dead when we returned. :(

Garden is looking good! I'm proud of it because it demonstrates visually how much more functional I am this year. I think it's more about coping skills than anything else.

My computer finally died. It had been on its last legs for over a year. The fan didn't work and it would overheat quickly and freeze. So annoying! I'd have to put it on a cooling rack with the left half hanging off the edge of the table and put ice packs on the keyboard area to keep it cooler. And it would still overheat! I got it out to work on a project 2 days ago and it wouldn't start. I think the charging cable was the problem, but I wasn't going to put a penny into that computer. I did some online shopping looking at refurbished higher-end models. I stopped at Best Buy in my hometown today because I was there for a picnic and they happened to have an "open box" laptop with the same specs as what I was shopping for and same price range. uff dah, more than I want to spend, but I'm so OVER using multiple electronic devices because none of them can get the job done.

I had a medical support picnic today. Almost everyone cancelled at the last minute so it was just my family and one other family. It was fun anyway! And lots of leftovers so no need for me to cook for a while!! I had some caffeine to make sure I could get through the more physically demanding parts of my day. I have been off caffeine for quite a while and now it affects me again! I used to take 600 mg per day! But now I take 50 mg in the afternoon and I'm up until 2 a.m.? not cool.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So sorry about the lamb... :(

But, congrats on the garden and the new computer! DH keeps telling me his computer is on its last leg - but it takes a licking and keeps on ticking, lol. When it dies - he can get a new one.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the lamb :( lambs seem more difficult to keep healthy than goat kids. The rest doing well?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The remaining 4 lambs are doing well. I need to move them into the barn/pasture because they're eating through the grass in their pen so fast.

DH found a clutch of wild turkey eggs. He set them under a broody hen to see what happens.

DS11 sunburned the top of his head a couple days ago. It doesn't look so bad, but his scalp is swollen. Pitting edema on his scalp. It's not pitting anymore, but still inflamed all the way around to his forehead. His face looks like a pumpkin. Strange because his sunburn isn't very red and not blistered at all. Didn't look that bad. IDK.

DH complimented my gardening! That's a first! There are sections where he dumped barn bedding straw and tilled it in, but it ended up being 6" deep straw. Seeds didn't germinate there (as I predicted), and the weeds took over because I can't hoe there. But other than those spots, it looks good! I have some cherry tomatoes on my deck that have baby green tomatoes. I grew celtuce - an old-world lettuce - which is prolific and produces enough for a fresh salad every day. :love I also have microgreens growing in trays to add to my salads. Everything else in the garden is coming along slowly, later than usual

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad to hear the rest of he lambs are doing ok! How cool to find turkey eggs - hope they develop! Yay on your garden, mine is kind of winding down, but if I can find time to plant some more I should still have enough season left for a few things before we get into fall.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'm late on my garden too! It happens. I am just praying for a harvest!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I would get in SO much trouble for messing with wild turkey eggs. Like... SO much lol

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH said some of the turkey eggs hatched! :ep I guess that broody hen was good for somethin'?

I got my sewing area set up and have made a couple things. I'm making fitting toiles, so I don't have much to show for it yet. I need to tweak my waistband (add elastic) and then I'll have perfect two skirt patterns. I'm working up to pants. They intimidate me. I'm just oddly shaped and have to redesign/draft/grade every pattern. It's annoying, but I'm finally getting some results.

We have some plans coming up this summer and fall - an NFL game, a pop concert, state fair, etc. A couple events are with groups, so I can't go my own pace. I finally decided to get a manual wheelchair to help me get through those sorts of things. I think I've ruined every family outing ever - I can't do museums, lines, crowds, sunshine, etc. DH saw a free wheelchair today on FB and I GOT IT! It is glorious! :celebrateI'm going to DO ALL THE THINGS! :celebrateafter I get some more muscles in my arms, that is. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow from playing with it. :D

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So cool on the turkey eggs! Fall plans sound like fun and SCORE on the wheelchair! Yep - gonna have to build up those arm muscles - or, um - DH can help out!