Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your quad lambs are so cute! They are adorable. Could you do supplemental feeding with 4 bottles once or twice a day? Or will the ewe raise them all? What breed is she?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Your quad lambs are so cute! They are adorable. Could you do supplemental feeding with 4 bottles once or twice a day? Or will the ewe raise them all? What breed is she?

She is a mutt, but predominantly Ile de France. The escaping ram is 1/2 Ile de France. and I forgot the other half. :eek:

My experience last year was that they won't take a bottle unless they're verrrry hungry - like within 12 hours of dying. So we're just checking on them a few times per day and watching.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow -- I never realized some sheep breeds have "litters" :D

They are adorable I could NOT imagine 6-8 -- Pigs & dogs, yes. Not sheep :idunno I know some smaller goat breeds often do 4-5 +.

There was a news report tonight that a Great Dane had a litter of 19 pups...:ep She had them at a clinic...C-section I think. Forgot where. I was so amazed! My step-kids had an English Setter that had 17 once...normal delivery but they just kept coming. :D No losses. They had her spayed. First & only litter. :lol:

Most any of my goats has had is trips. Plenty to raise! I prefer twins (doelings:D). One set of trips last yr.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My DIL had a Great Dane/Greyhound cross (beautiful dog) that had 22 pups....17 survived! I think the world record is 24...so close!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Lambs look good. Filling out around their pelvises, up and active. Surprised to see them all growing out so evenly! Hopefully I am spared from bottle feeding this year!

I am working on cleaning and repairing 2 antique quilts my great-grandmother made. :love My sister has had them for years. I grabbed them along with some other mending and sewing projects when we visited for her husband's funeral. One is almost done and ready to send back. Only question left is whether to add an embroidered patch with the history of the quilt on it.

I have a second quilt soaking in RetroClean. This one needs extensive repair and pieces replaced. Some of the fabrics have simply worn out. It will be around for a while. I love the quilt, when we lived at home it was "mine" for a few years. I will be taking my time with the repair.

Also have a wool tartan plaid skirt that was my grandmothers. I plan to re-weave a few small holes. They're hardly noticeable now, so it's a great first project to test my skills. The process involves opening seams, pulling out threads the right color. The removing on thread at a tim in the area of the hole and weaving in the threads taken from the seam.

not my picture. The pictures show the inside of the garment so you can see the threads sticking out. The repair is completely invisible on the outside.
7440bddb681c5f1bd5ebcfc993806abc.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nice project. Time consuming. :)

Maybe your sister will let you keep the one quilt. Would be nice, right? :idunno I mean, she has two.

I have an old quilt my grandmother made for mom & dad's wedding gift. There are a few places that need some restitching. Of course, then, they were all hand sewn. One day I will take it out and work it. Probably not until next winter. It's over 70 yrs old but, the one you worked is likely in same age bracket.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wonderful projects! :) Tortoise I'd love to see the quilts, please? If you don't mind. I had a crocheted blanket from my great grand mother in S.A. So pretty! But it was too big and heavy to bring with me to Ireland :( There is a limit to what you can cram into 3 suitcases!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a funny quilt story: After my Mom died, my dad called me:

"I have a quilt that your grandmother made. Do you want it?"

"Yeah, sure." My grandmother made the most beautiful quilts. All hand stitched with the most delicate floral patterned cloths, and tiny little pieces.

I waited for him to come back from Florida. Couldn't wait to see which quilt he brought me. When I opened the box, I had to struggle to hide my disappointment. Nestled inside was a colorful quilt. But, it was not what I expected. It was one of my first quilting efforts, poorly made... that I had made and given to my parents years ago. So... I couldn't even tell Dad the difference!