Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wonderful projects! :) Tortoise I'd love to see the quilts, please? If you don't mind. I had a crocheted blanket from my great grand mother in S.A. So pretty! But it was too big and heavy to bring with me to Ireland :( There is a limit to what you can cram into 3 suitcases!
That's a crying shame that you couldn't take it with you. But you got the most important things out-you and your son.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's a crying shame that you couldn't take it with you. But you got the most important things out-you and your son.
Yes! That was the most important. It was crazy how quickly the luggage weight added up once I started packing. A lot of stuff sadly had to stay behind :( But for a fresh start in a wonderful, safe country it was a small price to pay?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We got pregnancy test result back on sheep. 3 are not preggo. They're all 2018 ewe lambs, so whatever, I guess. Never had ewes or ewe lambs not get pregnant before. :confused: oh well. One of the little bottle lambs I bought last summer is pregnant. She will get special feeding. They've always been fine, but they're so small I still worry. She was also bred later than the others. Controlled breeding, the escaping ram didn't get into the lamb pasture. She should be okay. :fl

I'm planning "hot cocoa" to take to a birthday/game night party tomorrow. :) Need to go shopping in the morning. I would have gone tonight, but we got 4" of snow or so this afternoon and I doubt the roads are plowed yet. Not in a mood to drive 40 miles on snow covered roads. Planning to make both the pink and the blue versions: https://www.foodbeast.com/news/unicorn-hot-chocolate/

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My goats are apparently deceased? We haven't seen them since we got back from Colorado. They certainly could get out. One of them jumped the fence regularly. But I can't imagine them going far or not coming back. o_O:(

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My goats are apparently deceased? We haven't seen them since we got back from Colorado. They certainly could get out. One of them jumped the fence regularly. But I can't imagine them going far or not coming back. o_O:(
What do you mean, are they gone missing?!?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well that's not good! Poor dears, do you have cougars and wolves there?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We have coyotes and rarely get a lone wolf passing through - usually in fall when a young male leaves the pack (or so we assume). There was a cougar in the area once in the last, IDK, decade. :shudder: That would be exceedingly rare.