Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Good day here! Starting to feel like a new year!

• I'm making progress on kid schedules. DS6 going back to school on MONDAY! will help a lot with his schedule and general rule-following. And my sanity! And me getting some work done!
  • I've been having DS14 clean up after himself. It's exhausting but it's starting to make a difference. He cleaned his room without being told to. That's a big deal.
    I having been switching my dogs over to scheduled feeding and potty times. It's less-bad now, but I wouldn't say they're on their new routines yet.
  • I adjusted a training strategy. Boi is stressed out over it (which is expected), but we've gone a whole day without him barking or growling, and only one episode of pacing. I'm continuing the behavior-modification program I mentioned before because, long-term, it's the only way to getting the behavior I want from him.
  • I'm working on getting my to-do list down to zero, other than work and 4-H projects. I've had tasks languishing on my list for years. I just finished up one task that had been on my list for 2 years. Only other thing I can think of is mailing in dog license application. I need to print some documents to enclose with the dog license application.
  • I need to automate, minimize, and organize as much of my life as possible to be able to maintain my work and 4-H schedules. 4-H obligations increase through July. I have several in-person and virtual obligations every month. To make that manageable I need to fix my meal systems so that DH isn't cooking supper. He's a good cook, but he cooks late. That won't work. Kids and I need to eat about 5 p.m. We've never been able to maintain a schedule like that before.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS6 and I failed at getting up at 6:30 a.m. We woke up and went back to bed. Tomorrow (getting him to school for the first time in 3 or 4 months) might be rough. 😬 We got up at 8. I wasn't ready to get up, but my dogs were asking for breakfast and to go out. Establishing the dogs' schedule was more important than a few more minutes of sleep.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
More work on 4-H dog project today. Seems like every day I'm making up new documents. Everything is getting in writing this year so that we can get new Leaders/volunteers on board, and so if we have COVID closures for the indoor/winter meetings we can keep the project going.

DH and kids are watching football on the new TV. :rolleyes: Leftovers for supper!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
More work on 4-H dog project today. Seems like every day I'm making up new documents. Everything is getting in writing this year so that we can get new Leaders/volunteers on board, and so if we have COVID closures for the indoor/winter meetings we can keep the project going.

DH and kids are watching football on the new TV. :rolleyes: Leftovers for supper!
The Dallas game? Waiting for the Packers vs Vikings here!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I admire your commitment to 4-H. I loved it as a kid. We tried it one year here but the clubs aren't very active so my girls were impressed.
WI 4-H is in a slump, enrollment has been down for years. As enrollment drops, there are fewer active projects and less reason to join 4-H. I've been working towards getting more projects active. I can only do a little bit at a time. I've been asked to do a state-wide gardening project via Zoom, but I can't lead any more projects now. I'm trying to get a neighbor to do it. They are both Master Gardeners and very successful gardeners. They have been active in youth development organizations. I'm also wanting to get an active Sportfishing project since it's a great fit in my community. I know some people who might be able to lead it, but it's outside of my skill set. :sigh: