Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Interesting, I’ve heard they’re wild and difficult to handle!

Hey my shearer goes to Wisconsin sometimes! Or did… I’m not sure if her website is up to date or not…

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have had some BB Barbados and they were anything but docile. They are not known to be docile from all that we have talked to. Some does have to do with the raising... but they also do not have much of a carcass.... Katahdins have more carcass than barbados. I cannot address the cross of barbados and dorpers... But get the white headed dorpers if anything., They are known to have a much better disposition than the black headed ones. You will not get the colored lambs. @Ridgetop on BYH has the whites and gets some amazing lambs. @MikeCHS also on BYH has Katahdins and also gets osme real outstanding lambs.
We now have White Texas Dall sheep. NOT DOCILE either... we raise them for the horns (think Bighorn sheep heads) and sell rams to hunting preserves. We like horns on the sheep... used to have horned dorsets... again, the shearing and lack of market for the wool made us phase them out.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm relaxing in the car with Roz, my friend's border collie that I want to adopt. We went to the farm store, pet store, and walked on a trail. Wore her out! 😍

Now I need to convince Boi and her to coexist, convince Roz not to chase livestock, and DH that we need another dog. 😅

20220404_104227.jpg

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm relaxing in the car with Roz, my friend's border collie that I want to adopt. We went to the farm store, pet store, and walked on a trail. Wore her out! 😍

Now I need to convince Boi and her to coexist, convince Roz not to chase livestock, and DH that we need another dog. 😅

View attachment 18637
She looks happy! What beautiful coloring

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My ewe that lambs late (months late!) lambed on schedule this year 😍 DH almost culled her last year. I dont remember what happened, but she didnt raise lambs last year - she is fat! She has 1 (so far?) I moved her to a lambing pen. She is easy to handle and has her momma's temperament. That's why I like her so much 😍 DS15 (birthday!!!) might show her at the fair. 🤞

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I took Boi to a training class tonight. He did so much better! I felt like I was getting my dog back! 😍 Long way to go, but I have a little hope.

Baymax is doing well. Her sunken/blind eye is less sunken. I restarted her vision therapy. IDK if her nerves are okay, but it her eyeball can move, there's hope of restoring her vision.

I get to borrow Roz tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it very much!

I'm very behind at work. The post-exertion malaise / brain fog is keeping me from catching up. I can only wrote about 15 minutes before I have to rest/sleep. I'm too brain foggy to understand the sources. 😣 Very frustrating! I wanted to work 6 hours today but was only able to manage 45 minutes. 😣