Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yup, bananas turn black and completely mushy after freezing. Can't imagine they would dehydrate well after freezing. BUT, they're fantastic for banana bread after freezing. Cut open the end and squoosh out the banana goo! No mashing required!

That's how I do it too! Makes perfect banana bread that way. :D That reminds me...I really need to use up some frozen nanners soon, they are taking up too much space in the freezer.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I haven't had a banana last that long since DS2 came around. He loves them! I get two bananas when I go grocery shopping for a breakfast treat for him the next days.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Cool and breezy here. I'm staying indoors. DS10 is behaving himself and doing schoolwork independently; DS2 is watching a movie. I'm free to do adult stuff uninterrupted. :bliss:

I'm wiping down furniture with penetrating stain and cleaning it up with polish. Uff dah! It's tiring! But I don't get much free indoor time with windows-open weather, and I'll regret it all year if I don't get it done before winter.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Sounds like hard work - but glad you have the opportunity! Wish we had more chances to open windows... we might get a half-day in the spring and another half-day in the fall, lol!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My health saga continues. (That sounds ominous, sorry, it's not that bad.). I saw a neurologist who ruled out neuropathy, confirmed POTS diagnosis and referred me to cardiology to "establish diagnosis." I need a tilt table test to establish diagnosis. I had some fabulous tachycardia at that appointment. I'm happy to have it captured and in my medical record. I was so tired (from standing up for 3 minutes) that I went home and slept. Took hours for my body to regulate and heart rate to come back down to normal. I'm still not-quite-right today. I fell down twice this morning.

I took DS10 to meet his new piano teacher, got an oil change, went to a thrift store and found a cardigan that is good-enough compared to one I had saved in my amazon shopping cart - saved about $10. I took kids to "The BIG Library" in my hometown.

Also got some gardening done. My plant order arrived. I planted 32 carnation plants and 25 strawberry plants. I have 4 rhubarb roots to put in also.

My kids both spent the evening in meltdown mode. It was awesome. :sarcasm:

DH saw a ewe with string wrapped around her ankle and hoof. He couldn't catch her (of course!). I can catch the ewes with grain, but it's almost impossible to separate them. So I led them in, DH pounced and I held her with grain while he cut the string off. I caught the sheep that got loose in the process and worked on lead training a 2017 bottle lamb. She's a feisty little thing! She was a preemie, born by terminal c-section. Her momma had a devastating broken leg (broke the ball of the femur off) in the last few weeks of gestation, and we were nursing her along with pain meds to try to save her baby. Right at the end she took a turn for the worse, went off feed, and we just couldn't rightly hang on any longer. Baby lamb has grown very slowly, she's about half the size of the others.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs I hope they can give you a proper diagnosis soon…

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hope they can figure out what else is going on and, more importantly, maybe make it better! Have you had these issues forever or are they new-ish?

Meltdown mode when you're not feeling well is just not cool, kids! Come on!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Having a GOOD day! :celebrate I woke up with 45 bpm heart rate. I feel fantastic when it's under 50. Still have the tachycardia, but fewer symptoms with it when I start out lower.

DS2 knocked over my [cracked] bedside table and broke the legs off. It's a repair I can do myself! I injected glue into the cracks and have those clamped. The table came disassembled, but I'm going to glue it together permanently to give more strength to the weak areas.

DH has had the incubator running, but after the tornado we had power out 12 hours, on 12 hours, and out again 12 hours. DH didn't candle after that. (Oops?) They were due to hatch 3 days ago. Two hatched overnight, one of those had a mishap with the fan in the incubator. There's one pip today. I should candle them, I' see blood rings if they stopped developing after the power outages 2 weeks ago?

We had spotting frost earlier this week. Pepper plants are dead. i overplanted tomatoes and some are fine, I'm not sure if we will buy more plants. Some of the green beans frosted too. There are spots in the corn field that are frost-damaged too. We didn't have a frost advisory. Forecast lows have been mid 40's. :hu Microclimate!

I'm attempting to train my nasty ramburger. He's overly tame from being bottle raised and lead trained and is therefore dangerous. I read in one of Temple Grandin's book that submissive posture for sheep is head raised/extended - like a suckling lamb. He LOVES grain, so I'm giving him bits of grain with his head up. He can't ram with his head up, so maybe... He has such nice wool because he's a merino cross, so I want to keep him around for breeding. We're going to line breed on him next season!