Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well not all bucks are dangerous necessarily, but he wouldn't be very easy to work with. And yes he would smell! Very difficult to pack with an intact buck. You can always get another buck someday!

So DS10 is going back to school? How's he feeling about that?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I might get crazy and take a shower. In the morning. Haven't been able to do that since..... uh.... yeah. It's never happened.

Usually I take a bath in the afternoon when I'm more stable because I get tachy, low blood pressure from the bath, then my veins don't adjust getting out and I get body chills, acrocyanosis and fatigue. Takes me 1 - 2 hours to recover from bathing. (And taking a shower is 20x worse)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woohoo! I hope we continue to hear happy updates like this!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
WOW!!! Keep taking the meds -- from the sound of it, you are now a new person. It must be an AWESOME feeling. I'm so happy for you and your family....:clap:hugs :ya

It's great to hear there is "something" out there that helps.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That is sooooooo fantastic! You've put up with that crap long enough and I hope it is a permanent improvement!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
More happy updates. I had one rough day, was in bed, tachy, dizzy, irritable, cognitively impaired (my old normal). DH and I looked at my tracking and I had had half my sodium/fluids in the morning. I caught up, but didn't improve. Now I know that timing is as important as quantity. I'm drinking 8 oz of water and taking 2 pills every hour. As long as I keep that up, I feel fantastic and can function like a normal person.

I am still working through years' worth of things I couldn't do in the past. I'm still in the midst of painting my studio. I started cleaning out my basement today. I hauled 7 bushels of wood chip/wood dust/bark out of the basement today and restacked the remaining wood. DS10 was home from grandparents a bit today. I had him clean up after messes he left behind, including a big mess of board games and puzzles in the basement.

My kids are better behaved because I'm physically able to supervise them. I was able to get DS2 to bed last night - only took an hour. He just went down for a nap now - only took 3 and a half hours and me going up the stairs >40 times. (No big deal, right?) And I have to wake him up in 20 minutes. :gig poor kiddo! I hope he'll settle into routine nap/quiet time soon, this is exhausting.

I haven't started any farm projects/work. It's going to take some time before I work through backlog and am ready to take on more work.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in one day! :hugs I'm sure it does feel fantastic to be able to do everything you want to now and deeply tempting to do everything at once!