Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm enjoying my best Thanksgiving day yet. 🥰

DS16 is at biodad's house for a 4-day weekend. I'm thankful for the break. He has been in a downward spiral for 3 weeks.

DH is home. No emergency calls so far 🤞

We're not traveling or hosting since DH is on-call. 🎉

I have a pork roast in the oven. Side dishes are prepped and waiting. Pies have been sampled and approved 🤤

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've always wanted a room that is like a jungle or greenhouse. A large potted tree has been on my wish list since "forever," but they're too expensive . I saw a 7 foot rubber tree on FB marketplace for $40 (!) And its in my house now! :weee

I also ordered a narrow table to put behind my couch. I'm excited for it to arrive! It will be in a north-facing window. I plan to put my african violets and other small plants there.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm *delighted* to report that DS8 is waking up in the morning without an alarm almost every day. And going to bed easily.!

now is a good time to tell him that you appreciate how well he's been doing. :)

Next challenge: brushing his teeth :th

next week...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have been working on my 2024 resolutions. I spend a month or two revising them, and I usually cross a few off my list in December. I'm very happy with how everything is going this year.

I'm amazed at how much success I've had in the past that wasn't visible due to my health. Now that I'm functional, I'm reaping the benefits of all the strategies I used to survive chronic illness.

I started adding back activities in July when I started functioning better. I made a list of what I had to give up due to poor health, and I'm going throught that list to add it back into my life. First cleaning my house (clutter, old messes), then kids' daily routines, my food, daily housework (dishes, laundry, surfaces), my work, my self-care (fitness, hair styles, make-up, fashion), mental health, relationship, family meals, home decor. With each addition, more things fall into place and I have more capacity to do more.

I made a danish pastry from scratch this weekend! It was easier than I expected! I made extra dough and froze it. I plan to make one for DH each weekend. It was gorgeous and I didn't take a photo! I feel ready to try making croissants. I plan to spatchcock a chicken for supper tonight. I have never tried it before, but it can't be too hard, right?