Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I should probably at least try to learn "someday." It's amazing how many things I want to accomplish "someday" when I retire, lol.!
yes! I guess I am retired :p and that Someday List is stressing me out. I'm trying to make it shorter. It's so hard to not add 3 projects to my list for every 1 I complete!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love your knit results! Have known several people who knit and admire that work. Just not something I ever learned. Would like to but, I guess fabric is more my thing. Your quilts are lovely, too.

My grandmas both quilted. One crocheted -- doilies EVERYWHERE! -- and did quilts with many different patterns. Other one made quilts for necessities and wasn't AS determined to do the pretty patterns as much. :idunno

So, I was raised with store bought blankets. :D Mom sewed very well and made many of my clothes, especially as a child. I saw this and mimicked. For many years I made most of the clothes for both my kids, myself and shirts for then DH. As the kids aged, the clothes "wants" changed and I got into the doll clothes, then prom dresses, then wedding gowns. Right now, I don't even hem. :( I love to sew but, it does take take time and patience and currently that is in short supply. I would love get myself back into it. One day. Used to do creatives, like curtain, pillows, stuffed toys, dog coats, etc. At some point, those things may become a tiny source of income at markets, etc. It's a thought. Sew in winter, sell in Spring.

Do you needlepoint? Used to do a lot of that. When I had a lot of flight time to fill, I could carry a bag and work on it on the plane. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Do you needlepoint? Used to do a lot of that. When I had a lot of flight time to fill, I could carry a bag and work on it on the plane. :)

I have done needlepoint but it's not in my rotation of usual crafts. I do have a cross stitch going now. I chose too small of a thread count for my aida cloth and regretting it. But I hate seeing the x's. I wanted to finish it over winter an enter in county fair. Maybe next year?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
having a better day today. :) Feeling good enough to mess up the kitchen cooking, but not good enough to clean up after. oops.

I helped a friend repot her African Violets and ended up with about 70 leaves and bloomstalks to propagate. Also got in touch with an African Violet hobbyist in my area to buy a couple plants and leaves from.

I got some genomic testing results showing strong predisposition toward diabetes. :eek: Okay then, back to keto I go! I lost too many foods during my last flare to stay on Wahls Protocol, but I plan to get on keto and transition to WP when I get enough foods back. I'm including intermittent fasting too, because I'm a little bit lazy and fasting is easy.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh Lordy! You do NOT want to get diabetes. Do whatever it takes to keep far, far away from that diagnosis!

Cool beans getting so many AV leaves - can't wait to see pictures of them...hint, hint!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH leveled out the remains of our patio after we had a backhoe dig it up to get to an underground pipe. He got the whole patio put back, a little better than before. He is so sore today. :( I don't want to jinx it, but there is talk of him getting me a greenhouse for my birthday and putting it on the patio instead of putting the fire pit back. :fl

We've had cool weather and high atmospheric pressure, and I just had a change to my treatment plan, and between these two things I'm semi-functional! :weee

I am nearly done re-organizing my filing cabinet. It was long overdue, a lot of things needed to be taken out and needed to make up new folders. I'm getting some laundry done, ran the dishwasher. Swept the bedroom floor. If you can imagine your house if you didn't clean for 2 months, that's about what mine looks like. :sick Feels good to get it straightened out.

Children are not liking the change. DS4 had to actually take a nap to day and DS12 is not finding loopholes to getting last week's homework done.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS12's therapy session yesterday was a success. He had his therapy and I got a parenting / homeschooling plan for the week and therapist's email address if I need help adjusting the parenting plan this week. Much better, I really hope she's right. :fl After his therapy session I stopped by a friend's house and we had a long chat which was my therapy. :D This friend has two kids, 19 and 15. They have/had similar behavior problems as DS12 and my friend has overlapping diagnoses and similar challenges as I do. Not only does she understand the situation, she's further along and shares her perspective and what has helped her family. :love

I am almost caught up on a mountain of laundry. Still putting it away, and laundry machines still running. I am so thankful for modern laundry machines right now! But I think I will go back to hanging clothes to dry at least until summer gets so humid and they won't dry in a day.

I messed up on keto and IF on Monday thinking it wouldn't matter. Eww, I felt sick and sluggish yesterday, haven't slept well, my mouth is all fuzzy. And gained >1#. Remind me that it's not worth it. Not even close. I am hoping/intending to make a cream cheese broccoli casserole today. Maybe tomorrow.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
there is talk of him getting me a greenhouse for my birthday

My B'day is in Jan....I could use one! :D

I messed up on keto and IF on Monday thinking it wouldn't matter

The after effects of our indulgence sure brings us back to reality, right? Sometimes temptations gets to us, just remember results, instead. It's hard.