Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Electric bill arrived today. Significantly less than usual. I told DH its because I chopped my hair off. 🤣 I really am using A LOT less hot water! I turned the water temp down on the washing machine too, just to be sure the electric bill would be less so I could tell him its because of my haircut. 😂

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Electric bill arrived today. Significantly less than usual. I told DH its because I chopped my hair off. 🤣 I really am using A LOT less hot water! I turned the water temp down on the washing machine too, just to be sure the electric bill would be less so I could tell him its because of my haircut. 😂
Good thinking - that's hilarious! :lol:

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm alone, so I actually cut my hot water tank off at the breaker. Can run it 1 day and off 2 with good planning of dishwasher and shower time. Saves a nice amount over a month. I run a freezer and two frig, so try to cut somewhere.....lights off, local heat downstairs, none upstairs, etc. Freezer is full, opened little and one frig open maybe 1x a day. It's a game.😁

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I enjoy frugal grocery budget game. I need to get into power saving too. I know what to do, but I need to get into a competition with myself and have fun with it.

DH wants to retire sooner than he planned... so I need to practice living on a trimmed budget.

I got free carhart bibs for DS13 today! They're stained and bleach marked so no one else wanted them. Perfect for barn clothes! Very thankful. 😍

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I once rented a house with an electric water heater in an area with high cost for electricity. I cut the breaker off after baths and dishes. The water stayed hot enough to last the next day and I flipped the breaker back on before baths and dishes. It cut $30 off a month!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Our previous house had a power saving thing with the power company. The water heater was shut off from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in exchange we got a discounted rate from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. We had just the tankful of hot water during the day. We didnt run appliances during the day. Fill the washer, dryer, dishwasher during the day and hit start at 7 p.m.!

Latest posts