Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Heck with cereal (unless it's Frosted Flakes!) let's make it ice cream, lol. (wish I actually had some...)

i've been craving egg nog for a few years now... no rush... :) getting closer, at least the past few times it's actually been on the shopping list. haha. we went by a few kinds this past week but they were the kind with alcohol already in them and i don't want that kind i just want the plain stuff that's next to the milk. hasn't been in stock. even a pint would do... :)

and to be more on topic, i've been cleaning my room for a week now. the floor is about 2/3rds done. i needed a break after the first round and i've not gotten back to it yet. my goal is that i get it done by the end of the this year (not the next year :) ). i think i can do eet! :)

for some reason roasting squash and baking goodies and feeding the wormies has had a higher priority. i can't imagine why... oh, yes, shopping, shopping too, and a bit of gardening and a walk the other day when it was nice enough out. i think i may get back to cleaning a bit today if anything just to organize some beans better.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Homemade eggnog is so much better! Make just the little bit you want? Heavy whipping cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla. Heat to 140 degrees.

I'm attempting a 60 hour fast. I'm doubtful that I can do it. Maybe telling y'all will make me follow through? I'm at 38 hours now and feel just fine. DH is home today and he is very good at cooking food I cant resist. My biggest challenge is electrolytes and hydration. I'm more sensitive because of POTS. I will fast until I get more dizzy than usual.

I'm picking away at December cleaning and decluttering. I like to think of cleaning the old year out of the house. 💗

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
44 hours, no hunger. My personal record is 47 hours. If I can make it to evening without getting dizzy I'm home free. 🤞 I'm planning to go to bed early and watch a movie or two.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh man, homemade eggnog is the best! How can you even think about it when you're fasting? That would be like self-torture lol. Good luck with continuing the fast. (Hearing how well you're doing is almost enough to make me want to try it.)

Good luck - you got this!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh man, homemade eggnog is the best! How can you even think about it when you're fasting? That would be like self-torture lol. Good luck with continuing the fast. (Hearing how well you're doing is almost enough to make me want to try it.)

Good luck - you got this!
I had eggnog 2 days ago. Gained 3.2# 😅 not worth it!

Fasting reduces cravings and hunger. The body isnt going without fuel, its just switching fuel sources. I'm eating my thighs for supper. 🎉🤣

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I broke my fast a 48 hours. Starting again! My GI symptoms are definitely less during and immediately after a fast. I ate a formerly offensive food (potato) but no symptoms. I would love to get potatoes back. I "lost" all nightshades after DH's family's holiday party almost exactly a year ago.

I'm noticing more white hair coming back colored. 😲 A few more with every fast over 36 hours. I saw a photo of a woman who had salt/pepper hair (formerly black), mostly white in front. She fasted pretty ectreme for weight loss. A lot of her hair fell out. Came back thick and black. 😲 My hair is not a dramatic change, but I took a before photo just in case it gets interesting.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats for going 48 hours! That's awesome.

Ok - question for you....when you fast do you just drink water or do you do any other liquids like juice, tea, or coffee?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have a 16 oz drink mix (sugarfree) with benefiber and caffeine, and medications, in the morning. It's not ideal to have the drink mix powder because aspartame is amino acids and it includes maltodextrin. I cant stomach the citric acid or stevia mixes, or swallowing pills with plain water. Maybe someday I can do better.

After that I have water to thirst, which is very little. 0 - 4 ounces more. Drinking too much water is a sure way to get headache/dizzy!

Bone broth, unsweet pickle juice, tea, black or bulletproof coffee are good for fasting. Bone broth and pickle juice are like training wheels for getting started, and a good way to consume a lot of salt for those who drink too much water.

I recommend lots of caffeine to suppress appetite for people new to fasting. You've eaten low carb, which is another way to gain metabolic flexibility before fasting. Some people say to eat strict keto for a month first.