Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I am loving my kid-free day with dogs on a schedule! I have been very productive. 🥳 I set an alarm to ring every hour to remind me to get up and move. Housework or exercise bike or both. It's noon already and I don't hurt all over from working at my computer! 🤩🥳

My dogs are very happy with their schedule. No conflict over the food bowl. Baymax seems to be eating more since moving away from self-feeding. She might be gaining weight. :fl Boi is participating in training sessions. They're both getting brushed, wiped, and nails filed. I need to scale their teeth and add toothbrushing back into my dog routine.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm still having lingering problems from the cold/flu I got 4 weeks ago. My eustachian tubes have been getting blocked, which causes pain, fullness, hyperacusis and some hearing loss. It's been off-and-on for a few days. I'm taking a decongestant in hopes to avoid getting an middle ear infection. :fl I didn't sleep well because of it.

DS6 got ready for school without screaming. (barely!) He was thinking about throwing a fit over brushing his teeth until DH reminded him that we had Toaster Strudel for breakfast treat if he could get ready for school without screaming. So thankful I stopped at the grocery store yesterday to get some easy breakfast and school lunch items.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm still having lingering problems from the cold/flu I got 4 weeks ago. My eustachian tubes have been getting blocked, which causes pain, fullness, hyperacusis and some hearing loss. It's been off-and-on for a few days. I'm taking a decongestant in hopes to avoid getting an middle ear infection. :fl I didn't sleep well because of it.

DS6 got ready for school without screaming. (barely!) He was thinking about throwing a fit over brushing his teeth until DH reminded him that we had Toaster Strudel for breakfast treat if he could get ready for school without screaming. So thankful I stopped at the grocery store yesterday to get some easy breakfast and school lunch items.
sounds like a great adjustment so far! and yes easy breakfast and lunch items are key--my kids might not eat the best breakfasts in the morning but the ease can be peaceful

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had a productive morning. Didn't get any work done, but I'm still pleased. I got my dog registered with AKC finally, after a year of procrastinating. 😬 Renewed license plates, sent in county dog licensing info, mailed AKC forms for my dog's first titles. Lots of shopping to get things for upcoming 4-H meetings. Picked up a stack of printing for a 4-H meeting tonight.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a productive morning. Didn't get any work done, but I'm still pleased. I got my dog registered with AKC finally, after a year of procrastinating. 😬 Renewed license plates, sent in county dog licensing info, mailed AKC forms for my dog's first titles. Lots of shopping to get things for upcoming 4-H meetings. Picked up a stack of printing for a 4-H meeting tonight.
sounds like a good day. DH just did our license plates too-said the line was crazy, hope yours wasn't too bad.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Light snow and windy today. We have 1 - 2 inches accumulated. We're under a winter weather advisory, in case anyone forgot that it's winter and not to drive like an idiot. :rolleyes: Uneventful morning, I actually remembered to send a classroom snack with DS6 on the right day. I sent a 5# bag of Cuties clementines. It looks like way to much, but my kid can easily eat 5 in one sitting. 🤷‍♀️

I had a productive dog project meeting last night. We are ready for our kick-off meeting next week. I'm so excited, can't wait! I hope families like the curriculum as much as the leaders do! I'm also prepared for a lot of griping and criticism - change is hard for a lot of people.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Light snow and windy today. We have 1 - 2 inches accumulated. We're under a winter weather advisory, in case anyone forgot that it's winter and not to drive like an idiot. :rolleyes: Uneventful morning, I actually remembered to send a classroom snack with DS6 on the right day. I sent a 5# bag of Cuties clementines. It looks like way to much, but my kid can easily eat 5 in one sitting. 🤷‍♀️

I had a productive dog project meeting last night. We are ready for our kick-off meeting next week. I'm so excited, can't wait! I hope families like the curriculum as much as the leaders do! I'm also prepared for a lot of griping and criticism - change is hard for a lot of people.
Stay safe on those roads, we have about 4 inches here but our drifts are close to a ft and no matter how many times the plows go by half the road was covered this morning.

Great work on the dog project curriculum!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

I think one thing dog , some, owners forget, my DH does! , training is a forever everyday thing, especially for the humans,
stick to one word for the command, dont mix them up,
if they use off for the dog jumping up on people then dont use DOWN, cuz sit-down-stay are the lesson #1 words,,
Down means lay DOWN-- not stop jumping :he

Ziva is 3 and Tony is 2,, they need to run so bad, she needs to loose 10lbs but is so strong and so smart.
Plays "Find it" like a pro , she got so much more class time training but when we got Tony covid shut it all down and I am so heart broken he only got 2 months of socialization time.
He is doing great but need more exercise. He still paddles a bit when he runs, never out grew it. But runs really fast with no problem.

After the move and we get the fence lines moved back to the tree line, they will have a lot more room,(all in the blue line) & no gravel driveway. I am going to have to buy 2 of those "chuck-it" things so I can throw the ball further.
9.jpg Capture0_LI.jpg