Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ok yeah my dogs are obnoxious about barking if they think DH is home… it would take a lot of work to get them to stop that nonsense 🤣

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ok yeah my dogs are obnoxious about barking if they think DH is home… it would take a lot of work to get them to stop that nonsense 🤣
yeah. I don't know if we'll ever get there. At home, my dog only barks at DH or sounds that predict him coming indoors. 🤦‍♀️ Sometimes other dog's barking will get him to bark.

I'm treated to listening to this dog bark all day:

Boi was unsettled enough to try to pace out of the room a few times in the first minutes. He was able to respond to verbal redirection. He is on his bed (versus the spot he lays next to me when he is stressed out), so I think we're into the "overlearning" phase for this particular audio loop.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
He fell asleep listening to the dog barking so I switched to peacock audio. Peacocks make the strangest sound! dog woke up from his nap as soon as I switched from dog to peacock sound. :rolleyes:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I was smarter today. I put the most annoying recording - a monkey screaming - while I had a dentist appointment.

Boi is talkative today! He figured out what All-done button means. He INFORMED me when he finished his rawhide this morning. "All-done Bone" he says, and stares at me. :gig I modeled Want Bone and gave him another. He has been asking for Play and Ball too. I'm about ready to put him into time-out. STOP TALKING TO ME! :lol:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH was impressed when Boi picked up the food bowl and brought it out to us to demand his supper last night. :gig tbh, Boi has been doing that since I got him, but DH hadn't seen it before.

Now he's asking to go outside. :rolleyes:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Boi did a couple maybe-random button presses, so DH and I were talking about it. I told DH about the All-done Bone button press earlier today. Boi walks over to his soundboard and presses All-done Bone. :lol:

DH thinks the whole thing is random or a fluke - and it didn't help that he saw some random attention-seeking button presses tonight. :rolleyes: Boi might have been telling him off with his All-done Bone message. :lol: