Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had (what I think was) post-exertional malaise today. Havent had that for a while. I slept it off and was okay-enough to put some food in the crockpot for tomorrow.

Lost another day of work. I'm so far behind! 😩

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have noticed benefits from my targeted vitamin supplements, so I've been working on fine-tuning nutrition for mximum results. I found some vitamins cant get enough of if I meet my macros/energy intake goals and added supplements for them.

I've made healthy-for-me food choices for 5 days and it feels good! I lost 3 pounds. I'm happy because I was at the point where I needed to lose weight or buy bigger pants. No fun!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have noticed benefits from my targeted vitamin supplements, so I've been working on fine-tuning nutrition for mximum results. I found some vitamins cant get enough of if I meet my macros/energy intake goals and added supplements for them.

I've made healthy-for-me food choices for 5 days and it feels good! I lost 3 pounds. I'm happy because I was at the point where I needed to lose weight or buy bigger pants. No fun!

yeah, that is an incentive plus not having a big budget for new clothes.

to kinda go along with the thread title i still daydream of fitting back into 31in waste jeans. bumping up to 33 was a letdown. when these got tight it was like "No way!" so buckled down and am gradually getting back to where i was. hope to get another 5lbs off before hot weather gets here. life is so much easier without more weight when the humidity gets here.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
yeah, that is an incentive plus not having a big budget for new clothes.

to kinda go along with the thread title i still daydream of fitting back into 31in waste jeans. bumping up to 33 was a letdown. when these got tight it was like "No way!" so buckled down and am gradually getting back to where i was. hope to get another 5lbs off before hot weather gets here. life is so much easier without more weight when the humidity gets here.
Its definitely tight pants season. 🤣 DH said his pants are getting snug. He has worn the same size since high school, and he has only told me his pants are getting tight twice. He loses weight annoyingly easily!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH and DS14 did laundry, DS14 and I did dishes, and DS6 through tantrums since he got home from school 😩

I canned navy and garbanzo beans, and have another batch of garbanzo beans in the canner.

My house is slightly less messy. My to-do list is still crazy long.

But, it was DH's day off work so we did a little shopping. We bought a cheap kayak sit-on-top on sale. I think we can put DS14 (and maybe Baymax) on this kayak. I started training Boi to get on a kayak with me. He weighs 150#! If he can ride in a kayak, I will need a big tandem kayak. If we fail, I'll probably use the kayak we bought today and get another cheap one for DS14.

Back to work. I hope to do more housework tonight and get back to normal routine tomorrow.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
A friend's kid is coming over to sew after school today. I need to clean up enough that we have space to work.

I made a list of what I want to can this year. A lot of it is freezer food - I dont need to wait until harvest season to can it. I want to can soup because ready-to-eat soup from the store is so expensive. DH likes to have canned soup for an easy meal.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A friend's kid is coming over to sew after school today. I need to clean up enough that we have space to work.

I made a list of what I want to can this year. A lot of it is freezer food - I dont need to wait until harvest season to can it. I want to can soup because ready-to-eat soup from the store is so expensive. DH likes to have canned soup for an easy meal.
I would love to hear/see your list of items to can this year. I need to expand a bit this year, I usually do pickled items, salsa, tomato sauce/juice, spaghetti sauce, garlic scapes, jellies/jams, applesauce and similar-so lots of water bath canning but I am ready to venture to pressure canning

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I would love to hear/see your list of items to can this year. I need to expand a bit this year, I usually do pickled items, salsa, tomato sauce/juice, spaghetti sauce, garlic scapes, jellies/jams, applesauce and similar-so lots of water bath canning but I am ready to venture to pressure canning
Most of my list is pressure canning

Broth
Ground venison
Venison chunks
Chard and spinach
Tomato sauce - lots of it
Pizza sauce
Beans

I want to try some no-bean chili, chicken soup, beef stew, etc.

I'm interested in canning onions. NCHFP alludes to it but I cant find a recipe. Seems that pearl onions or 1" chunks is the way to go? I want to can carmelized onions but I can't tell if it safe. People do it, but IDK. I worry the onions would get too dense for heat to penetrate?

I saw a praline sauce recipe in ball canning book. I'm going to make it for DH for his birthday and get some vanilla ice cream to serve with it. I need to get ingredients asap. Maybe today when I drop recycling off at the collection center.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Most of my list is pressure canning

Broth
Ground venison
Venison chunks
Chard and spinach
Tomato sauce - lots of it
Pizza sauce
Beans

I want to try some no-bean chili, chicken soup, beef stew, etc.

I'm interested in canning onions. NCHFP alludes to it but I cant find a recipe. Seems that pearl onions or 1" chunks is the way to go? I want to can carmelized onions but I can't tell if it safe. People do it, but IDK. I worry the onions would get too dense for heat to penetrate?

I saw a praline sauce recipe in ball canning book. I'm going to make it for DH for his birthday and get some vanilla ice cream to serve with it. I need to get ingredients asap. Maybe today when I drop recycling off at the collection center.
All those would be on my list too with the addition of ketchup. We would use a lot of ketchup. If canning onions is an option, I would love that recipe! I freeze a lot of onions and they have to go in their own freezer. Would you freeze meat in with your chard and spinach?

Latest posts