Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I have a couple "extra" hours this morning. DS15 had an aggressive tantrum so his morning activity is canceled. DS7 gets to watch a movie - a reward for being flexible. IDK what I will do. I have difficulty getting restarted after a sudden change of plans.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS7 and I cleaned his hamster's habitat. It needs more soil soon because the wood chips we started with have decomposed. No odor, no moldy food caches. Probably didn't need cleaning. (But I feel better)

DS7 and I cleaned a bit upstairs. 10 minutes between his 30 minute episodes of kids' shows.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
just remember that some people do not switch between tasks easily as others. give yourself some space to accept that. if you can find something else to think about other than being frustrated with yourself it might also help get over the barrier easier. try to think of a garden or a flower task or something. distract yourself from being frustrated.

i'm working on a project that has a long ways to go. it is frustrating because each time i get going i find new issues to deal with (which means writing more code) and sometimes i'm not sure if i did things right back then so i'm looking up old regulations and laws, etc. ugh is a mild word, but one issue at a time i'm getting there. last night it was dealing with exercising warrants. i was worried how much work it was going to be for me to do that, but once i let it perk overnight in my noodle and then had some quiet time last night it fit together pretty well as a warrant exercise is basically a combination of selling and buying so i could just copy and paste those codes and then adjust them as needed. done in a half hour. :)

messy code, true, but it is functional and i'll be happy with that for the moment... :)

erm,... sorry for the aside, but it was so nice to get that done last night so i can move on more today. :)

good luck, keep at it, what you can do, for task oriented people, crossing off the little items can feel as good as some of the bigger items too. :) at least that is what i tell myself! :) heehee!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS15 is almost done with his pants. He made them out of a fleece throw blanket I bought it for $2 during clearance sales after Xmas. (I bought it to make dog toys out of it!)

DS7 finished a poster. We inventoried his fair projects. He can only enter 12. Looks like he has 12 now. He'll be able to pick his favorites when it's time to register his entries.

I made pea soup, black beans, and started an ombre layer cake.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Today's forecast is warm! >40°F! I plan to walk my dogs. I'm starting the next level of fitness title with my dog - part of it is walking 150 minutes/week for 8 weeks.It will be nice to do some of that outdoors!!!

My kids' long to-do list would be almost done, except I added to it. I'm having them *gasp* clean up after themselves 😱

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My DD is away for a week (M-F) on a work retreat. I went to her house today to fix something and NOBODY HAS DONE THE DISHES SINCE SHE LEFT! Infuriates me. Husband, 17 yr old and 14 yr old.
Go shame them. Or crack the whip, whatever works. Your daughter shouldn’t have to come home to that.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had my kids clean up after themselves this morning!! Tasks they've been putting off for weeks or months! Even had them clean the car and vacuum. The back seat was gross! My car stinks!

My kids and I took a shelter dog out on a field trip to the pet store. The dog is the wildest dog in the shelter. He was AMAZING on his field trip. If I can pull strings with DH, we might foster him so DS15 can train him for 4-H. I have 2 weeks to find a dog for DS15 to borrow!

We also took my dog to the pet store, farm store, and dog park. He didn't do as well as usual. Too much pent up energy, and too much excitement about the shelter dog.

We also ran errands, got the random leftovers from my shopping list.

DS15 made mashed potatoes and ground meat+ veg for supper. Both kids baked cupcakes for cake decorating project.

DS15 messed up the hoodie he is sewing and tried yelling at me. Nope. You didn't follow my instructions- that's not my fault!

DS7 decided he wants to make a pair of pants, so we started that today. I made a mistake, but we figured out a solution. Hopefully they'll be done tomorrow.

DS7 trained my dog weave poles for agility. They made a little progress!

My dog's AKC FIT Dog Bronze title certificate arrived today! We started FIT Dog Silver today.

I updated my budget, ordered supplies for an oncoming class DS15 is leading in a couple weeks, registered kids for 4-H events.

I need another week of days like this to really get on top of everything.