Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
now you have to be pretty defensive even when shopping (not only the drive to get there but when you are in the store). Mom had a worker at our local grocery store come barrelling through a door from the back stock room pushing a pallet. she got hit by the door hard and then he ran into her with the pallet. :(
oh wow! That's no good! Is/was she okay?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh wow! That's no good! Is/was she okay?

she wasn't at first, the manager and the employee apologized profusely and Mom refused to go to the docs to get checked. i told her i would do whatever she wanted me to do and then explained the difference between broken and bruised ribs sometimes can't be told apart, and then i asked her to let me know if she started coughing and/or pooping and/or peeing blood. then a few days later we talked about my experiences with bruised ribs from when i broke my collar bone and then also the same thing when i broke my shoulder blade. i told her she would be miserable for a month or two. she was. :( then she caught this cold thing around Christmas so it was one thing after another.

she's been doing much better this week so i think we are over that hump and on to the next. :) back to more of her usual schedule of quilting and napping and i've pretty much taken over most of the dishes and a few other things so that she didn't have to do them. it's ok with me as i do like playing in soapy warm water.

i held my temper at the store but i was rather livid.

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MIL was very sick yesterday from a UTI. 107 fever, 71% oxygenation. She is on hospice - will not go to hospital. She is receiving home care and antibiotics. DH went to visit her last night. He hasn't said anything. :(
I pulled DS8 from school yesterday and took kuds to go visit. She was better - sitting up, talking a little, laughing. Most of the family was there. I was expecting much worse.

Recovering or rallying? IDK

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm feeling unwell. I'm over a minor cold, but my body hasn't gotten the memo. I got a glutathione infusion this morning. Hoping that will help. Hot baths (poor man's sauna), xylitol nasal irrigation. IDK what else to throw at this. IDK why my body does this. It's annoying.

Snow is on the way. I'm adjusting plans so I don't need to drive in it. Sounds like a cozy weekend if we can stay home.