Dearest FreeMotion, can I please....

unclejoe

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
unclejoe said:
OK. This sounds like fun. I can hunt, fish, plant a garden, can, dehydrate, cut and split firewood, build, destroy, :) take care of chickens and goats, skin, butcher (and when I say butcher I mean butcher, not a pretty sight.) I could even bring along a donkey. They make great guardians for the smaller animals. I also have lots of heirloom seeds. Is this enough to gain me admittance into this fledgling community? If it is, I would like to build my own hut so I won't need a tent. I'll bring my own materials. :hide Pretty please. :bow
unclejoe..... Sure, you and your donkey (providing its friendly) can help Quail haul stuff that we are going to sell, as well as haul dirt to make a security wall, and build free a root cellar at the same time. You also are in charge of gathering firewood each morning, enough to burn during the day and evening. You are also assigned to FD to help her get the fields planted, we wanna leave free enough good eats give back for allowing us to visit and share.

Each night free is required to teach a "how to" in the community center. Par taking of wine during this time is allowed, as well as taking notes. If you have a laptop and wireless wifi by all means bring it, TH and I both have a laptop so yes, we will have limited internet access.

Smoking is allowed, however if you roll your own you are required to share. If you use the wacky tobacky, you are not required to have a doctors note, however you must either go into one persons tent or to the woodline. No use of this will be allowed during the day or before 2100hrs.

No Kool Aid is allowed, this is a SS camp out, not a faith based camp. All juices offered to the community is safe to drink. There will also be bible studys each afternoon, the groups will be divided into mixed ages, older folks with younger folks so that life lessons can be taught and learned. Those that praise mother earth will be allowed small portions of food to take in the woods and do your thing. If you don't do either, you can use this time to do whatever floats your boat.

Although when we leave our camp will be gone, I will require that a piece of art work be erected in frees front yard to serve as a reminder of the community as a whole. This piece of art must be built by everyone and made in true SS style.

justusnak said:
A few weeks at Free's? ......How would I ever survive coming back here!? Hmmmmm, let see....I dont do windows....I DONT clean bathrooms...( got a shovel and bio paper tho) ;) I have a hammock, these old bones dont like sleeping on the ground anymore. :p I can cook pretty good...eg: no one has died from it yet. :lol: Sounds like a real shin dig being planned! Someone HAS to bring a banjo!!
Justusnak..... Your are assigned to the kitchen full time, we will need to have some energy snacks made during the day as well as ice tea and cool water. You will need to bring everyone drinks several times during the day while we are working. Please bring a large drinking ladle with you.

punkin said:
Can I come just to learn how to do all this stuff that ya'll are doing? Pretty please! :D
Punkin..... You are assigned with BBH and TH to take SS classes with other folks in the community. You are also assigned water haul duty, fresh water as well as wash water for TH to clean clothes. I will help you haul water to frees garden each morning to water her plants. You are also assigned to quails DH each evening to take inventory and bring the list to me so I can make sure we have plenty to eat each day.

Who here has/can play a musical instrument? I play guiter and sing, tho slightly off key sometimes. I will teach and sing campfire songs with the kids in the evenings, as well as play some good tunes from the 70s and 80s after curfew.
She is a very friendly donkey. Walks right up to you and expects you to pet her for the next hour. She rides and leads well also.
I also play guitar but with the all the other duties I've been assigned, I don't know when I'll find time to play.
Free - What do mean this is only temporary? :th If we're all coming together to learn, work and play it just doesn't make sense to break it up. In fact - I believe this new community should have a name and maybe even its own flag. :D

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
I mentioned the flag UJ, and nobody wanted to include their ideas.

So, in the greater good of things, Be Sufficient came to mind and I have made a camp flag.

Being Sufficient will remind us all, each morning, as the flag is raised, we all have jobs to do. In the small workings its no big deal, but as a community, every job matters as a whole.

Without further notice, here is our camp flag... :ya :ya :hide :ya :ya :weee :celebrate :ep :celebrate :ya :weee

bsflag.gif

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Yeah, I like this flag. It is appropriate for this group ;)
I think it should be made out of re-appropriated items though. Patchwork would be ok, I think.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Ya know....if you had an older pillow case and dyed it with walnut hulls...... it would be just about the right size..... hmmmmmmm

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Look at it this way, atleast it isn't made out of Modern's underwear and the letters aren't skid marks. :lol: