Deficit Issue

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla,
What is your recipe for special brownies???? I like to put walnuts in my brownies to make them special... I also found a reicpe for double chocolate brownies that calls for nestlies morsels and chocolate syrup that are good... Then of course the duck eggs really help too. LOL...

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Pirtykitty said:
Wifezilla,
What is your recipe for special brownies???? I like to put walnuts in my brownies to make them special... I also found a reicpe for double chocolate brownies that calls for nestlies morsels and chocolate syrup that are good... Then of course the duck eggs really help too. LOL...
... certain ingredients cannot be legally bought :gig

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I read Spiegal (german newspaper) and their take is that America is dragging its feet to hold the world as hostage.

Could be.

We're all thinking about it domestically, but don't think congress is thinking about it only that way.

hiker

Power Conserver
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
What sort of items are you wanting to stock up on?
Well, I did go out today and stocked up on more first aid supplies and bought 4 more oil lamps & oil. Some more sugar to can fruit if need be. Let's see- some washing soda, fels naptha soap, and vineger. I bought 5 boxes of my favorite animal cookies. Yum, Yum.

I have been meaning to get more of those solar landscaping lights, but keep forgetting. Forgot again today too!

Oh, yes, I also got the dreaded school supply shopping list. It was so detailed it was ridiculous.

Pirtykitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
OOOOOPS. LOL.. I understand now on the special Brownies.. LOL> Thats a good one...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
In order to adopt the "don't worry, be happy" stance, it would take a LOT of very VERY special brownies.
:lol:
my special brownies from long ago are still kicking in and at this age I darn near don't worry or care anymore :p

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
comfort items

I never thought of it that way...but that is so true. I think familiarity and comfort in hard times is a good feeling and keeps one just this side of sanity sometimes.

something stupid, but I went to buy wild caught salmon for dinner and the price :th --I could not buy it, I would not buy it cause of that price for a very very small piece of salmon....and I thought, wow, will I never buy wild salmon again, because of price???? and it did get me depressed a bit cause something so simple as not buying a food I wanted for dinner gave me that awakening again that yea, things can always get worse than me not affording that stupid salmon. what else will be priced out for me? just kinda makes me wonder for sure and what is priced out for others....ah, thinking gets ya in trouble sometimes but then I thought, screw it, why worry, plenty of other crap to eat haha

ugh just rambling lol

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
. . . just kinda makes me wonder for sure and what is priced out for others.
There are a lot of things that have become out of our reach in the past 12 months. We're on a fixed income and still have some major medical bills to pay off. We feel very obligated to those medical bills and would never think of missing one. Therefore every penny we have goes to that black hole. Only 9 more months to go and we'll be 100% debt free. In the meantime we never ever eat out and eat as cheaply as possible at home. We only drink water and nothing else. We never thought it would come to this.

On Thursday we went to the city and I bought one measly 16 oz. bottle of GT's Kombucha to start a new SCOBY and it was $4. I almost passed out! Our big entertainment time is sitting out in the evening and listening to the frogs and crickets.